My first Bill & Becky pup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Bill & Becky pup.

I've been using this quiet Sunday to work on a few of my own projects. I've had this L500XL sitting around for several years, and decided it was time to listen to it.

I took the Perpetual Burn out of my Peavey Rockmaster, (destined for another project), and installed it there. It's a single bridge pup axe, with master Vol & Tone. Pretty sure it's Basswood, Maple neck, Rosewood fretboard. Standard Fender 25.5 scale length. The L500XL measures in at 16.84k. Not sure what magnet. B&B doesn't list it on their website, but I'm pretty sure it's an A5 by the tone and output. Definitely not for sure.

Can't believe I waited this long. This thing is sweet. It has a great attack and punch, but remains somewhat "hi-fi." No typical bridge ice-pickyness. Maybe a teensy bit scooped, but nowhere near the Custom 5. I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to crank it a little more and run it through some pedals.

But killer pup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockmaster_L500XL_sm.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	6086070

If all else fails you, go with a Bill Lawrence unit and you'll rock on as long as you want.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Happy NOSPD (new old stock pickup day)!
      I prefer these ones to the "Bill Lawrence USA" models, BTW.
      Enjoy!
      Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Originally posted by freefrog View Post
        Happy NOSPD (new old stock pickup day)!
        I prefer these ones to the "Bill Lawrence USA" models, BTW.
        Enjoy!
        This wasn't exactly NOS. I think I got this from forum bro Rand-o-minium. He lives here in Jax. Just talked to him the other day.

Comment

I love the "real Bill" stuff, have talked to him a few times, super nice guy RIP.

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about them. I can't believe it took me this long to try one. Especially since its been sitting on the shelf for several years. I believe this will be the last pickup swap in my Rockmaster. Although, I think I will add a series/parallel switch or push-pull. I might also try his Q-Filter.

Comment

Welcome to the club! Big Bill n' Becky fan here

Comment

I'd like to try a pair of their noiseless singles next. That could be sweet in an HSS guitar.

Comment

Becky and Shannon don't make any crap pickups.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    Becky and Shannon don't make any crap pickups.
                    No, they do not. I love their pickups.

Artie, Becky and Shannon recently moved everything to Georgia. You should drive up and check the place out if they are open to visitors.
                    Last edited by ErikH; 06-08-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

No, they do not. I love their pickups.

Artie, Becky and Shannon recently moved everything to Georgia. You should drive up and check the place out of they are open to visitors.
                      Road trip!

Comment

Love my Bill & Becky noiseless Tele pup's. Great stuff. I went with a pair for a "vintage" sound and couldn't be happier with the results.

Comment

Working...
                        X