Need Help Dating these APH1BJ and APH1NJ set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Dating these APH1BJ and APH1NJ set

I am guessing l in the late 80s due them seeming to be original in a later 80s Japanese les Paul l. These are a zebra set with the cream screw coil. Any info would be appreciated. Anyone know when they started using the shorter legs on these and the made in USA stamp on the plates, as these lack that and are long legged. Also when did they start using 4 conductor wire?

1982 to 1987 due to the looks. But the APH were introduced mid 80ies, so 85 to 87 i guess.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 06-19-2021, 11:44 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
      1982 to 1987 due to the looks. But the APH were introduced mid 80ies, so 85 to 87 i guess.
      Thanks. I’m trying to do a deal with someone and he’s indicating there was a gen 1 (84-86) used by slash and these look to be gen 2. I think he’s concluding this based on 4 conductor, but I don’t know if that’s a factor.

Comment

Those are definitely "first gen" if you want to call it that. While less common to see on the APH set, SD offered 4-conductor leads as an option long before the APH set was introduced.

Comment

Those are great pickups!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice pickups. I hope they sound great
            Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Working...
            X