Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan pups?

Hello,

Just wondering if you could identify this pups on my EDS-1275. Supposedly they should be SD antiquities and pearly gates, but people have said that they look like Gibson classic 57's. What do you guys think?

Thank you for your help!

those are gibson pups, not duncans for sure

Comment

They look like Gibson 57 Classics to me as well. In fact, they are unless they are counterfeits.

They are not Duncans. No embossed logo baseplate, id stickers, etc.

Comment

Look like stock Gibson pickups. Why do you believe they should be something else?

Comment

In the description it said that this guitar had SD pups, that's the main reason why I am trying to figure out if they really are

Comment

Yes, Gibson pickups for sure. If you bought them thinking they were Duncans, I'd call the seller.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yes I'm in contact with the seller, who keeps on saying that they should be SD pickups. I am trying to contact gibson to know for sure if it even is a Gibson M2M. They don't seem to be too fast to respond though. What do you think I should do?

Comment

Looks like you are only showing the 6-string pickups. What's under the 12-string?

Comment

Nope, they're all there each photo has a different pup in total there are 4 pickups

Comment

Got it. Then it appears they are all stock 57 classic, like the labels say.

Comment

Here is the bigger foto in which you can't see the details, but u can see the whole.

Comment

All the posts before are spot on. There is nothing SD about those pickups. Stock Gibson's is what they are.
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Aldonieminen View Post
                          Yes I'm in contact with the seller, who keeps on saying that they should be SD pickups. I am trying to contact gibson to know for sure if it even is a Gibson M2M. They don't seem to be too fast to respond though. What do you think I should do?
                          Point him to this thread. This is the one place online where there are experts about this stuff.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I appreciate all your help, but it seems to me that after all this hunt is kind of pointless, even though I'm very curious to know what is going on with the pups. I'm going to keep the guitar and as my last attempt I contacted the shop, which contacted gibson. It almost seems to me as if Gibson fukked up and put wrong pups into this baby.

Comment

gibson pretty much always puts gibson pups in their guitar. what model is it that should have duncan pups?

Comment

Working...
                              X