Strat mounting problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat mounting problem.

I wanted to try my PATB-1 in the bridge of my new HSS Strat, and there are two adjustment screws through the pickguard but only one hole in the baseplate. Is there a solution that doesn't involve replacing/drilling the pickguard or baseplate?

That's because Fender uses two on one side and one on the other or two and two. Cheapest solution is to drill the proper size hole between the two on the pickguard. Aside from that, get a different pickguard. So, no, there's not really any other solution.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
      I wanted to try my PATB-1 in the bridge of my new HSS Strat, and there are two adjustment screws through the pickguard but only one hole in the baseplate. Is there a solution that doesn't involve replacing/drilling the pickguard or baseplate?
      ArtieToo has a workaround for this which doesn't involve the pickguard mods. I think he uses a small rectangular piece of hobby brass with 3 holes. The Duncan baseplate attaches to the middle hole and the Fender screws use the outer 2 holes. If he does not see this post, shoot him a PM for the full detals.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

ArtieToo has a workaround for this which doesn't involve the pickguard mods. I think he uses a small rectangular piece of hobby brass with 3 holes. The Duncan baseplate attaches to the middle hole and the Fender screws use the outer 2 holes. If he does not see this post, shoot him a PM for the full detals.
        Thanks for the reminder. I was supposed to post pics in that other thread, and forgot all about it. I'll try to get some up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Thanks for the reminder. I was supposed to post pics in that other thread, and forgot all about it. I'll try to get some up tomorrow.
          Yeah I am having a hard time imagining what this looks like.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Yeah I am having a hard time imagining what this looks like.
            It needs to be "right-sized" but imagine snipping a 3-hole piece off of a flat piece of an erector set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	erector_set_mod.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	6096343
            Last edited by JamesPaul; 07-14-2021, 09:36 PM. Reason: Added a pic
            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Ahhh gotcha!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X