Clear All

• Anticipation Red Devil Content

Now the waiting begins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210804-194623_Reverb.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	6101359

I also ordered black strat knobs, switch tip and pickup covers so I'll have the black on white pickguard thing happening.

Oh cool! Write a review here once you get it and install it!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

its a good set of pups! love the bridge especially.

Comment

I have them in two of my Strats, and I'm thinking about adding them to another, they're great pickups!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1628380553800.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	6102083

Now the hard part: pickup is here but the new covers and knobs aren't. Now I gotta make myself wait til they arrive to install this because I'm not a big fan of taking Strats apart lol.

Comment

So the Red Devil arrived and I installed it, been doing alot of screwdriver time since then and trying different songa etc.

I am ready to write a full length review but want to wait until pic uploading is working correctly again.

So COMING SOON hopefully lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfart_Shredman View Post
              So the Red Devil arrived and I installed it, been doing alot of screwdriver time since then and trying different songa etc.

I am ready to write a full length review but want to wait until pic uploading is working correctly again.

So COMING SOON hopefully lol.
              Get it in gear, man. We want the review
              Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Now the hard part: pickup is here but the new covers and knobs aren't. Now I gotta make myself wait til they arrive to install this because I'm not a big fan of taking Strats apart lol.
                I feel your pain. I've been waiting two weeks to install a JB in my new HSS Strat, because I had to order a replacement pickguard. Finally got it wired up late last night, and I can't wait to fire up the amp and give it a go.

Taking the guitar apart was no fun, either. I'm used to loosening the strings on my Les Paul and being able to replace the pickup without significant surgery. From what I can tell, there's no way to do this on a Strat without replacing the strings, but I'm certainly willing to listen to others who have figured it out.

Comment

You don't have to remove the strings to get the pickguard out, you only have to loosen them.

Comment

I definitely wasn't prepared for this to pull off Van Halen as well as it does!

Comment

I definitely wasn't prepared for this to pull off Van Halen as well as it does!
                      Wow, I didn't know that. Good to know!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm playing through a modded version of a modded Marshall (Phaez amp AFD which the builder told me is a mod on the Friedman BE) so there's a good possibility it's the amp lol

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

I feel your pain. I've been waiting two weeks to install a JB in my new HSS Strat, because I had to order a replacement pickguard. Finally got it wired up late last night, and I can't wait to fire up the amp and give it a go.

Taking the guitar apart was no fun, either. I'm used to loosening the strings on my Les Paul and being able to replace the pickup without significant surgery. From what I can tell, there's no way to do this on a Strat without replacing the strings, but I'm certainly willing to listen to others who have figured it out.
                          I usually unwind the strings from the tuners but leave the strings connected at the bridge when I remove the pickguard to swap pickups in a Strat. I am usually able to rewind the strings at the tuners without issue, but the high E string does break about 20% of the time when it’s tuned back up, but that’s a lot better than buying new strings every time you swap a pickup or a pot for a different value—or maybe I just mess with my electronics too much.

Comment

Working...
                          X