banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I tell if I need trembucker or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell if I need trembucker or not?

Does trembucker only apply to Fenders?

If the guitar has a hum installed already, just look how the strings line up. I prefer regular spaced for the look, but it can make a slight difference in more or less ideal string to pole positioning.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Take a ruler and measure the string spacing over the screw poles. If its 51 mm or more (1 mm less than 2 inches), you can use a trembucker.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
        Does trembucker only apply to Fenders?
        No, most modern guitars, including the majority of Gibsons, utilize a wider "F" type spacing.

Functionally, you may not notice a difference between a standard-spaced and Trembucker/F-spaced pickup, but most modern bridges are definitely on the wider side.

As Hamerfan pointed out, you can measure the string spacing directly over the bridge pickup to determine if you need a Trembucker/F-spaced pickup.

If you don't have strings on the guitar, then measure the center of the saddles from E-to-E at the bridge. If the overall string spread is greater than 52.5mm, you would be better off going Trembucker/F-spaced.

Comment

Also if they SD pickups, unscrew the pickup ring from the guitar, flip the pickup over and look at the model number, if it starts with a TB its a trembucker, if it starts with SH its standard width.

Dimarzio model numbers will have an F in the model number at the end if its trem spaced or as they call it F spaced. Such as DP224FBK is the F spaced AT1, DP224BK is the standard spaced one.
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
            Also if they SD pickups, unscrew the pickup ring from the guitar, flip the pickup over and look at the model number, if it starts with a TB its a trembucker, if it starts with SH its standard width.

Dimarzio model numbers will have an F in the model number at the end if its trem spaced or as they call it F spaced. Such as DP224FBK is the F spaced AT1, DP224BK is the standard spaced one.
            Also with Duncans you can tell by the mounintg legs if it's a trembucker or standard . Thats usually a dead giveaway

Last edited by 51501984; 08-09-2021, 06:46 PM.
            When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

TB at bridge and SH at neck will be good for most modern guitars.

With DMZ I would suggest both positions F-spaced if it's a tremolo bridge. OFR especially.

Comment

Working...
              X