banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Width of Covered DiMarzio F-spaced and/or Suhr 53mm pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Width of Covered DiMarzio F-spaced and/or Suhr 53mm pickup?

Does anyone happen to have a factory covered F-spaced DiMarzio and/or 53mm Suhr pickup on hand that they could measure for me?

I'm interested in the overall width of the pickup (length-wise) with the factory cover installed. I know a covered Trembucker from Duncan is a bit too wide for the application I have in mind due to the elongated bobbins that SD uses. But I don't have any DiMarzios or Suhr pickups on hand with wider spacing and factory covers to compare.

Measurement in millimeters (mm) preferred

Thanks!

Anyone?

Comment

Don't have specs in millimeters, but I believe an F-spaced DiMarzio is actually a tiny bit wider than a Duncan Trembucker.
      I could be wrong - perhaps it's just that their pole spacing is a bit wider.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Actually, a Seymour Duncan "Trembucker" is wider both in bobbin-length and pole piece spacing than an "F-spaced" DiMarzio!
        • Trembucker bobbin length (mm): 70
        • F-spaced bobbin length (mm): 66
        • Trembucker pole spacing (mm): 52.6
        • F-spaced pole spacing (mm): 51

I was just curious about finished dimensions with a cover installed. I already know a covered Trembucker won't fit my application because it is about 2mm longer than I have room for with the cover on, but I was curious how much shorter DiMarzio F-spaced and/or Suhr 53mm pickups are with their factory cover on. I have a lot of pickups, but I don't have any covered versions on hand to compare at the moment.
        Last edited by Masta' C; 08-09-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it is probably about 3-4mm shorter than a covered trembucker...
          I can't think of any reason why the cover would extend beyond the bobbins more than a Duncan cover?

Comment

You're likely right. I'll chance it...thanks!

Comment

F spaced dimarzios are NOT ANY WIDER THAN NORMAL SPACED. They do f spacing smart by spreading the pole pieces out in a traditional length bobbin. No issues fitting one in any humbucker ring or route, unlike Trembuckers, 52 or 53mm pickups, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X