• Show
Clear All

Re: SH-1 vs SH-2 neck versions.

No problem.
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

So, Benjy, how do you think a PGn would match up with an Antiquity II in this guitar?

Artie

Comment

It depends on how hot the Antiquity is. I have a PGn paired with a STL-2 Hot lead in my 69RI Thinline and it mixes well with the hot mode (13k) and vintage mode (6.8k) of the STL-2.

I also have the PG wired for coil split and it has a cool chicken picken' tone when combined with the tapped mode of the Hot lead.

I would give the PG a whirl. If you have a spare 59 on you, try it first. If you like the output, get a PG.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what is PGn? is that peter green pickup or something?

On my Les paul I love the sound of my 59 neck but it gets muddy under high gain and fast leads(malmsteen style). I want to keep the vintage sound of my pick up but I want more clarity and a little less bass.

So do you recommend Jazz or PGn or something else? Some folks say Jazz is more modern and no vintage sound on it

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Icarusfire View Post
            Can anyone tell me what is PGn? is that peter green pickup or something?
            PGn is Pearly Gates neck.

Can't help you on the other questions. I haven't played any of those pickups.

Comment

Working...
            X