No announcement yet.

The Invader vs X2N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually a series/parallel switch in any of them can really make a great alternative, more vintage HB sound. Even with the SLUG!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

^^ Yeah, I believe DiM themselves recommend this for expanding the X2N's palette.

Talking of hot, ceramicky with non-conventional poles, there's also the Jupiter. Someone in the thread about them seem to like them quite a bit, particularly the ability to clean up and split sounds.
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
        ^^ Yeah, I believe DiM themselves recommend this for expanding the X2N's palette.

Talking of hot, ceramicky with non-conventional poles, there's also the Jupiter. Someone in the thread about them seem to like them quite a bit, particularly the ability to clean up and split sounds.
        If you want to bring ceramic buckers that are obnoxious, can chug, but also clean up astonishingly well, then you *have to* mention the Dimebucker. It's a great pickup to split for cleans.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I bought a white Invader cheap to see how it compares to the X2N. I have 3 guitars so far with the X2N (one is a 7 string) and output wise they're pretty close. Invader is much darker than the X2N and not as good for soloing. Less mids and high end. If I had to choose one after trying both it would be the X2N. As for down tuned chugging both are working well. I may try the Invader in poplar and basswood next to see how much a difference it makes.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
            I bought a white Invader cheap to see how it compares to the X2N. I have 3 guitars so far with the X2N (one is a 7 string) and output wise they're pretty close. Invader is much darker than the X2N and not as good for soloing. Less mids and high end. If I had to choose one after trying both it would be the X2N. As for down tuned chugging both are working well. I may try the Invader in poplar and basswood next to see how much a difference it makes.
            It would be better in Poplar generally-speaking. Basswood can often have the affect of softening the attack which can "over-smooth" the Invader.
            Poplar IME lends a somewhat deadened harder midrange that really benefits from the oomphy smooth lower-mids of the Invader.

Comment

Working...
            X