banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bright swamp ash HH tele. what bridge pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was gonna recommend the Wolfetone Fenris, which is their JB-output-ish Timber Wolfe with an A2 mag. Sounds like you already got there.

Comment

Yeah, when I first tried a JB A2, I thought it sounded good too. But that unrelenting JB mid spike kept gnawing at me til I couldn't stand it any longer.

When you get tired of that unmistakable upper-mid JB tone, just get yourself a CC...and be satisfied/happy forever.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
        Yeah, when I first tried a JB A2, I thought it sounded good too. But that unrelenting JB mid spike kept gnawing at me til I couldn't stand it any longer.

When you get tired of that unmistakable upper-mid JB tone, just get yourself a CC...and be satisfied/happy forever.
        Dual fillister poles attenuate that somewhat, but I agree, that "mwah" is still there.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104833.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6147618 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104832.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	6147617 annnd done. at least for now. wlh neck, jb bridge. 500k neck volume, 250k bridge volume, 500k push/pull tone splits both pups, .022 cap. quick test and seems like it works pretty damn well. too late to give it a real test now so thatll have to wait till tomorrow

Comment

NIce guitar. Where did you get that body (HH with contour and no pickguard)? I'm looking for one in transparent black.

Comment

Well, that turned out nice!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sweet!

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                NIce guitar. Where did you get that body (HH with contour and no pickguard)? I'm looking for one in transparent black.
                It looks like it has holes for some sort of pickguard.

Comment

Norton or Imperium
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

ummm i just wired it up with the wlh and jb so not pulling anything out for a while

the body and neck are from someone that used to work at usa custom guitars as far as i know. i got this used and it did used to have a black pickguard on it, but i like it better off. super light weight ash body with belly and forearm contours, and super chunky korina neck but still balances well. and apparently, i was pretty set on this combo reading my older posts in this thread

Comment

Oops... that's what I get for posting after reading one page.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        ummm i just wired it up with the wlh and jb so not pulling anything out for a while

the body and neck are from someone that used to work at usa custom guitars as far as i know. i got this used and it did used to have a black pickguard on it, but i like it better off. super light weight ash body with belly and forearm contours, and super chunky korina neck but still balances well. and apparently, i was pretty set on this combo reading my older posts in this thread
                        I agree that it looks better without a pickguard on such a nice piece of wood.

Comment

Working...
                        X