Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan JB ?

Hi
    I have an 90s ESP M II Deluxe which should have a SD JB in it.
    It sounds fantastic and i want to know what pickup is it because there are no signs or logo on it.
    Does anyone knows if it is a JB ?
    Thanks

I'm no expert- but if you measure the ohm resistance; and it matches the pup's specs? It could tell you something

best luck!

-E
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Hi Erlend_G
      it has 9.36 kOhm
      Hope that helps

Comment

I'll let some others fill you in on this

rock on! ♪
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Did you buy the guitar new or used?

Well a JB normally 16.7 kohms, so there is that.

Also, unless it has changed over the years, the corners on the legs are square, they should be a little rounded on the corners. If you purchased it used, it could be a JB they changed the baseplate but the reading you provided doesnt match that of a JB
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by painkiller View Post
            Hi Erlend_G
            it has 9.36 kOhm
            Hope that helps
            9.36 kOhm is hardly a JB... Is should measure around 16-17 kOhms

Comment

Did you measure it "in circuit", and with both pups selected? That could account for the reading. If you don't want to unsolder anything, measure it from ground to where it's connected on the switch, but have the switch in the "neck only" position.

Comment

I'm guessing the Duncan got replaced with something. Important part: you love the pickup. Rock on and don't worry.

That said - if it was allegedly correct/as new etc...might want to ask for a $70 refund.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I never saw a double row backplate without a logo from seymour duncan. I repaired pickups in the 90ies, some of them had broken legs or short wires. I asked MJ for some baseplates, because they were not obtainable in Germany at that time. She sent me an assortment for 4 different plates and hookup wires. The only one without logo was an Ant baseplate with one row.
                  I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

If you recently bought this guitar and you were told that it had a JB, then, like Aceman said, you should ask for a refund of $70...because that ain't no JB.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Looks like a high quality pickup, but definitely not a Duncan. The "peep" hole is way too close to the edge of the bobbin and you won't find that braided wire on a JB unless it was special ordered.

Regardless, I'm very curious about that pickup. It's in the DC resistance range I tend to like for a "hot PAF" style pickup and probably rocks!

Have you played it? What were your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                      X