Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I'm probably being too anal about this.

I did this quik-'n-dirty using your diagram:

Click image for larger version

Name:	beau_killswitch.png
Views:	571
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	6155510
    Yeah ok. When the switch is on kill, that looks electronically the same to me. But with this latest scheme he has to run two more wires from the jack all the way to the treble side horn on the guitar. I was trying to keep it leaner and use the nearest connections.

Comment

Just pull the bloody cable out

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        When the switch is on kill, that looks electronically the same to me.
        It's only subtly different. That connection can be anywhere as long as it's between hot and ground. What I was getting at is to not break the hot connection. Even for that millisecond when the switch travels from one contact to the other, you can get a loud pop. By doing it 2-terminal, it won't. The switch can be physically where you had it.

Comment

It's only subtly different. That connection can be anywhere as long as it's between hot and ground. What I was getting at is to not break the hot connection. Even for that millisecond when the switch travels from one contact to the other, you can get a loud pop. By doing it 2-terminal, it won't. The switch can be physically where you had it.
          If you get a pop, I think you can just add an inline resistor to avoid it. I seem to recall the Gibson Varitone circuit used one at a particular point in the circuit for the same reason. But ok, you win.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-09 at 17.05.58 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	6156843

I'm probably being too anal about this.

I did this quik-'n-dirty using your diagram:

Click image for larger version  Name:	beau_killswitch.png Views:	27 Size:	174.0 KB ID:	6155510
            Hi all,
            After some telling me to study I started to learn how to solder, until now I just asked for schemes to pay someone to solder for me.

Well I made the wiring scheme above, its my first time soldering so ignore the ugly things.
            ​​​​​
            I learned a hard lesson today, there are diferents types of switches, and mine isn't equal the schene one...

=(

Tomorrow I'll try to tanslate the scheme to my alpha switch, and if works solder the pickups, any help is welcome.
            Last edited by Sheiffer; 03-09-2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Hi there! I Finaly made it, the wiring diagram is done!

But... there are sometings that I din't liked:

1 - The middle position is the problem, its seem like both pickups works with both volume pots, so if I turn the bridge down, both turns down. Sema with the neck volume, if I turn it down both pickups turns down.

2 - The killswitch keep making strange sounds when pressed, I think its what you call pop.

Is there a way to fix this problems?
              Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

If you get a pop, I think you can just add an inline resistor to avoid it. I seem to recall the Gibson Varitone circuit used one at a particular point in the circuit for the same reason. But ok, you win.
                What kind of resistor should I use?

Comment

Hello, I know this is an old thread, but since I am trying to get information to do something very similar I hope this “trailer” will be acceptable. I am also planning to add Blacktop Filtertron pickups to a “fender Strat style” pickup array. I plan to use a pre-wired pickguard that currently contains pickups in a single-single-hum form factor, but all the current pickups are humbuckers with coil splits. I plan to replace the neck and bridge pickups with Blacktop Filtertrons while leaving the Strat sized humbucker in the middle. I will replace the neck and bridge coil tap switches with on-off-on mini switches wired to capacitors as per the Gretsch tone switch circuit. I am getting a bit nervous about exactly how to connect the Filtertrons to the Strat five-way switch and/or the volume pot. My hope is that when the switches for the Filtertrons are in the center “off” position the will be controlled by the tone pots, and when the switches are thrown they will be running through the respective caps on the switches. Any help with a diagram for this would be much appreciated- particularly where to attach the ground for the tone switch caps! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X