NPD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD!

It’s been a long time since I’ve tried a new pickup. I thought I was all set with the stock Custom, but I wanted a little less output, highs a little less harsh, and a little more upper mid clarity.

I put in a Whole Lotta Humbucker in the bridge of my Les Paul Studio and got exactly what I wanted through my Origin 50 and Greenbacks. The slightly lower output gives the amp a little more room to work, and there’s a little more headroom. The cleans sound clearer now because of the upper mid clarity and sparkle. Roll up the volume, and you get the classic crunch tones all guitarists love. Hit it with an overdrive, and it’s searing nastiness.

I realize this is still the honeymoon phase, but so far, I have no complaints.
    Last edited by misterwhizzy; 05-09-2022, 12:43 PM.

Grats!

I’ve never tried one, yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The WLH is pretty special. I am happy it is the right one for your LP!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I want a pair of these for an ESP/LTD Viper....
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
          I put in a Whole Lotta Humbucker in the bridge of my Led Paul . . .
          A Whole Lotta in a Led Paul. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            The WLH is pretty special. I am happy it is the right one for your LP!
            Love the WLH set in my ES-335; they do a great mid-70s Alex Lifeson tone.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

WLHs make a Les Paul sound like what you imagine a Les Paul sounds like.

Comment

I don’t see many recommendations for this pickup. I’m surprised. It might be my new favorite.

Comment

i have the neck wlh in an ash tele with a jb bridge and its awesome. i have the bridge in another guitar and its great there too. i love the neck, and really like the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                  X