WLH for 59 neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLH for 59 neck?

I think I've had enough of trying to get the 59 neck in my Les Paul to sound the way I want. I can't cure the boominess with stock A5, UOA5, A4, or RCA3. And with A2, I don't get the bite I want. Since I recently discovered and fell in love with the Whole Lotta Humbucker bridge model, I'm considering completing the set with a WLH in the neck also. I'm not married to the idea of the WLH neck, but I trust Seymour to match a set.

Before I do that, though, I want to know it doesn't suffer the same issues. I'll use the intro to Sanitarium (Welcome Home) as an example. The ringing open low E just takes over everything, and I don't know how to make it work with this pickup. I like to roll the volume back on the neck pickup and use it for hard rock cleans, running into a Marshall Origin 50.

Suggestions?

i like the wlh neck even better than the wlh bridge for what its worth

Comment

The WLH neck doesn't have that ever-present bass thing like a neck 59 has in some guitars.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Love mine in both guitars, LP Trad and LP Lite. It is very full and balanced. Great sustain and feel.

Comment

A WLH neck is like a better improved 59 that’s had all the complaints fixed. But if an A4 didn’t fix the 59 boom for you, I would try a Pearly Gates neck. Or a Jazz neck if that doesn’t do it.

Comment

Put a mini in the neck. Yeah no, the WLH is one of the best neck humbs in the line because it has some nice mids without bass boom. Probably about as much bass as the Jazz.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

The WLH neck is fantastic and as others have said, does not have that boom. Get one!

Comment

+1 The WLH is a fantastic neck pickup, and it works well with a 59/C hybrid.

Observation: Also, the Jazz Bridge has a bit more mids than the jazz neck and makes an awesome neck pickup.
                That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

It’s a great pickup - lots of bite and sizzle in the neck especially if you run RC A5’s in it. I actually wanted to tame the trebles and put in A2’s in my set. Still lots of sizzle even with A2’s.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                    A WLH neck is like a better improved 59 that’s had all the complaints fixed. But if an A4 didn’t fix the 59 boom for you, I would try a Pearly Gates neck. Or a Jazz neck if that doesn’t do it.
                    I love the Pearly Gates neck. I’ve got it with a Duncan Custom bridge on my mahogany-bodied Les Paul Custom.

Comment

Working...
                    X