Fralin Baseplate for Strat Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fralin Baseplate for Strat Pickups

I'm debating on whether to swap out the bridge single-coil of my Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strat for something with a little more beef and not as bright. Mine has the Fender Designed Alnico V pickups in it (all of the CV guitars do as of 2018-2019). I had thought of slapping a whole set of Tonerider Classic Blues in there. I

I finally got around to installing a Fralin baseplate on the bridge pickup of my Classic Vibe 60's Strat. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the result so far. More focus, the highs are tamed slightly, mids are a little fuller, the lows are little tighter. It just sounds better, sweeter, clean or with drive. I'll see how it fares later this week at rehearsal but so far, so good.

I got a strat that desperately needs this. Maybe you'll be the inspiration to get it done :-)
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

No singles but I have Fralins in two guitars. I find his pickups to be very focused and articulate.

Comment

One small note I forgot to add, yes, the Fralin baseplate does fit on stock Squier Classic Vibe Strat pickups.
        Last edited by ErikH; 06-15-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          One small note I forgot to add, yes, the Fralin baseplate does fit on stock Squire Classic Vibe Strat pickups.
          Squier

Comment

Have a set of left-hand staggered Callaham H/SRVs, which are special Fralin winds given the cryogenic treatment. Comes with baseplate on bridge.

Best strat singlecoil tone by far I've ever experienced. Bright articulate chimey and full with zero harshness. Crunchy with gain and the low strings don't lose their articulation.

Comment

im a fan of the baseplate on a strat bridge pup. little softening of the highs is nice on a vintage type pup. a few of my strats have em, including one of my main ones. i have a set of antiquity II jaguar pups in there. neck model in the neck and bridge model in middle and bridge. originally i had a trio of bridge pups in there (no base plate) and while i really liked it, the neck was a little too dark, and the bridge pup could be a little sharp. swapped to a neck pup for that position and added the baseplate and the all around balance was much better.

Comment

I used the Strat last night at Worship rehearsal. The baseplate is exactly what it needed. The bridge pickup sounds so much sweeter and balanced. I'm very glad I went with this suggestion first. If I ever get another SSS Strat, a baseplate will be a must do addition.

Comment

Working...
                X