• Time
  • Show
Clear All

PG with an A6 mag
    Ant with an Unoriented A5
    Distortion Neck

….but thats me
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Up until two months ago, I would have said stock Custom SH-5 all day long. I've tried the Distortion, the Alnico II Pro, the 59 with God only knows how many different magnets, and all those same magnets in the Custom wind. I finally got down to brass tacks and realized I still found the highs a bit harsh and the voicing not quite perfect in the Custom after at least two years of living with it. For now, I have to say the Whole Lotta Humbucker fixed everything I don't like about the Custom. So my answer--remember, favorite means you have to choose one--for now has to be the Whole Lotta Humbucker.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
        Up until two months ago, I would have said stock Custom SH-5 all day long. I've tried the Distortion, the Alnico II Pro, the 59 with God only knows how many different magnets, and all those same magnets in the Custom wind. I finally got down to brass tacks and realized I still found the highs a bit harsh and the voicing not quite perfect in the Custom after at least two years of living with it. For now, I have to say the Whole Lotta Humbucker fixed everything I don't like about the Custom. So my answer--remember, favorite means you have to choose one--for now has to be the Whole Lotta Humbucker.
        I’ve been interested in the WLH set. I would have got them in my Les Paul Custom had they been available back then (‘07). How is the neck different from the Pearly Gates (neck)? Glad to hear your happy with that in the bridge. What kind of music are you playing with it?

Comment

I have 2 favorite sets: The Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Slash Signature set, and the Dimarzio 36th Anniversary set. I have tried a LOT of other pickups in Les Pauls over the years and those two sets are the only ones I have been completely satisfied with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
            I have 2 favorite sets: The Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Slash Signature set, and the Dimarzio 36th Anniversary set. I have tried a LOT of other pickups in Les Pauls over the years and those two sets are the only ones I have been completely satisfied with.
            What kind of music do you like to play with those sets? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Frater106 View Post

I’ve been interested in the WLH set. I would have got them in my Les Paul Custom had they been available back then (‘07). How is the neck different from the Pearly Gates (neck)? Glad to hear your happy with that in the bridge. What kind of music are you playing with it?
              I’ve never played a Pearly Gates, so I can’t knowledgeably compare the two. I play mainly hard rock with doses of classic rock and classic metal. I had convinced myself in the past I needed or wanted high output pickups, but I think now there’s nothing they do that I want that I can’t get from my amp or a pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater106 View Post

I’ve been interested in the WLH set. What kind of music are you playing with it?
                I have used my set to play everything from Jazz to hardcore. I wrote this up when I popped them in my guitar.

Comment

I like the Seths or Antiquities. A 59/Custom Hybrid is also good.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Favorite bridge pickups in my LPs:

Duncan Slash bridge
                    Duncan Distortion bridge
                    DiMarzio The Breed, neck version
                    Rewind Creme Brulee
                    Zhangbucker A4 Duanebucker
                    Zhangbucker A2 Brownbucker
                    Wolfetone Marshallhead
                    Wolfetone Caretaker
                    Wizz Gregbilly
                    Sheptone Tribute
                    Rio Grande BBQ

Honorable mentions to a longtime favorite, the good old 59B with a UA5, and also to a BurstBucker 2 with an A8.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Black Winter And SH6
                      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

In the Duncan line: early SH1's (those with unpotted butyrate bobbins and a dark RC mag) or a current Seth Lover.

Out of the Duncan line: a Motor City Black Belt A2. I'd also be happy with any pre Norlin Gibson PU (early patent sticker, real P.A.F.)....

I like Filter'Tron's in Les Paul too. Even (if not mostly) for high gain.

Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Depending on the darkness/muddiness, Pearly Gates or another you weren't expecting... burstbucker 3
                          What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

50s P90.

Comment

Seth lover

Comment

Apart from various SDs I like the WCR Crossroads.

Comment

Working...
                                X