No announcement yet.

Alternative 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the Alt 8 and Jazz combo in my Schecter C-1 classic, and it was able to do a whole range of tones.

Ascension put it well in that the Alt 8 has a nice 3D crunch to it. I loved the smoothness of its teeth, it was thick but articulate, and it works as well for classic rock through 90s and more aggressive styles. Low and high gain lead sounds were awesome in my setup.

The Jazz was a good compliment for what I was doing, in fact it has stayed in that guitar despite a ton of different bridge pickups! IMO versatile for both great clean tones and round but defined solos

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk

• EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Bump for suggestions on a versatile neck model to pair with the alt-8 for 90's era grunginess.
      One of my favorite configurations is the Alt 8 with a Sentient neck. Solid tonal match and is very versatile as a set. Have this set up in my Koa Neck and body 1994 Carvin DC 127 hardtail. Had it out today running it through my PRS Archon and MT 15 rigs. While with the right amp this set up can be a real face melter it can do much much more than just metal.
      Some lighter stuff.

Will

Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Another clip with the same rig and set up. The KOA Carvin through my little tiny 1/10 Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket miced. Alt 8 bridge Sentient neck.

Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Very versatile pickup. But very picky on the guitar.

On the right guitar, it works very well from rock to heavy metal... Especially the latter.

Sent from my 2201116PG using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X