What Production Model is most like the DD HB-112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Production Model is most like the DD HB-112

I lucked up and found a HB-112 last year bought it and it's Heaven in the guitar I put it in- Ibanez Saber Classic SCA-220. I have another guitar just like it that in tune in Drop C and Drop B depending on the project. I'd like to get another HB-112 for that guitar (which currently has a Dz Tone Zone) but since it's hard to find, what's a regular production model that would get me as close and maybe even a little better suited for C and B.

Please keep in mind I am not a fan of klanky-klank guitar tones, while I may eq some low cut into my amp, a tube screamer is way too much honk and low cut.

Thanks guys!

Screamin' Demon

Comment

I've heard that it was based on the Screamin Demon but I've also heard that it also doesn't sound like it.

Comment

Originally posted by stm113 View Post
        I've heard that it was based on the Screamin Demon but I've also heard that it also doesn't sound like it.
        I think it's more of a cross between a Screamin' Demon and a Distortion.

Comment

It's actually the Distortion. The HB-112 is just the HB-103 with an added row of allen polepices.

There was actually an actual Seymour Duncan based on the HB-112 that was a Distortion with such polepieces.

Comment

Sh6 all the way.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

The pole piece configuration makes the HB-112 "look" like a Screamin' Demon, but the coil windings are closer to the SH-6 Distortion. Also, it uses a standard thickness Ceramic magnet, not the thicker magnet of the regular Distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                The pole piece configuration makes the HB-112 "look" like a Screamin' Demon, but the coil windings are closer to the SH-6 Distortion. Also, it uses a standard thickness Ceramic magnet, not the thicker magnet of the regular Distortion.
                So if you put a double thick ceramic in the HB-112, you will essentially have a Distortion with hex screws?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  So if you put a double thick ceramic in the HB-112, you will essentially have a Distortion with hex screws?
                  Very close, yes. But it sounds pretty dang decent in stock form, also!

Comment

Just trying to imagine what a Distortion would sound like with more attack and tighter lows. I'd probably love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      Just trying to imagine what a Distortion would sound like with more attack and tighter lows. I'd probably love it.
                      If that’s what the HB-112 is then it sounds dang good! This is why I’m looking for another one.

Comment

This is interesting. So, if you took a Distortion, swapped in a regular sized ceramic mag, and hex screws . . . you'd have a USA Duncan Designed HB-112?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          This is interesting. So, if you took a Distortion, swapped in a regular sized ceramic mag, and hex screws . . . you'd have a USA Duncan Designed HB-112?
                          Yup!

Artie, didn't I sell you an HB-112 with an A8 in it a long time ago? I can't recall...it's been a while since anyone has brought up the HB-112 around here! I had a bunch for sale at one point probably 8-10 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

Yup!

Artie, didn't I sell you an HB-112 with an A8 in it a long time ago? I can't recall...it's been a while since anyone has brought up the HB-112 around here! I had a bunch for sale at one point probably 8-10 years ago!
                            Yup, back atcha. I got it from you, but don't remember the A8. I think I sold it to someone else. I'll have to check my stash tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Yup, back atcha. I got it from you, but don't remember the A8. I think I sold it to someone else. I'll have to check my stash tomorrow.
                              Probably a regular one then. I had a few that I slowly sold off, so tough to remember which ones went where. I just remember you picking one up because you are such a standout guy

Hmm...I might actually have the A8 one now that I think about it. I'll have to look! Currently unpacking my life after everything got boxed up in December for a move that took a LOT longer than expected due to the crazy housing market. My stuff was stuck in limbo for months, ha ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X