Thinking of installing a Custom Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

I put one in a JB in a neck thru mahogony superstrat. I love it there. Oh yeah, bridge position paired with an A4 59n in the neck.
    A4 in a 59N is another winner. I think people mostly do it for tighter lows, but it's really more vintagey overall.
    As many others have noted, the 59s - neck or bridge - aren't actually very PAF-ish in their stock form.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Okay I installed the Custom Custom in the bridge and tried it out tonight and I'm pretty happy with what I heard. The treble has been softened some and the bass strings do not sound too spongy or flabby at all.

Overall it sounds like a very good pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Napthol View Post
        Okay I installed the Custom Custom in the bridge and tried it out tonight and I'm pretty happy with what I heard. The treble has been softened some and the bass strings do not sound too spongy or flabby at all.

It is my favorite bridge pickup. It also splits well, if that's your thing.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Napthol View Post

Also my favorite bridge pickup.
          I also feel the low end is plenty tight, at least for my playing.
          I’m not really a “metal” guy. More of a rock/hard rock player.

Comment

i like the cc too. soft top, but clear, big wide mids, and the bottom isnt as mushy as some people say it is. granted, im not playing heavier styles of music these days so my needs are different than someone whos playing detuned chugs

Comment

Working...
            X