FullShred’s younger cousins ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FullShred’s younger cousins ??

I am going on 12th year on fullshred in the bridge if of my 1999 Lone Star Strat. And ….. I still love it as if it was day one !!!! But ! Just wondering, if in my absence from GAS, SD has released some derivatives of FullShred ? Would love to try them …
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Demon and Full Shred neck are the only pups that are similar to the Full Shred bridge. Other than that you can just mod pickups by swapping hexz in. Imo you could get a Full Shred lite if you swapped the row of filisters in the Demon for hexz. They both use kind of the Custom wind recipe to my ear.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Are you looking for a close relative EQ-wise or power-wise?
      EQ-wise, the closest might be the Jazz bridge.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
        Demon and Full Shred neck are the only pups that are similar to the Full Shred bridge. Other than that you can just mod pickups by swapping hexz in. Imo you could get a Full Shred lite if you swapped the row of filisters in the Demon for hexz. They both use kind of the Custom wind recipe to my ear.
        So, only Demon has the output, low end definition, and EQ that is close to FS? Is Demon lower?

Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Are you looking for a close relative EQ-wise or power-wise?
          EQ-wise, the closest might be the Jazz bridge.
          I am a bit more flexible on general eq, but low end definition and output have to be close, output has to be matched at the least.

Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mavashi View Post
            I am a bit more flexible on general eq, but low end definition and output have to be close, output has to be matched at the least.
            OK, then look at the Custom, Dimebucker, and Distortion.

Comment

So, only Demon has the output, low end definition, and EQ that is close to FS? Is Demon lower?
              What Mincer said. I didn't know what you meant by related.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

OK, then look at the Custom, Dimebucker, and Distortion.
                Is Custom hotter than fullshred ?
                Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

The Full Shred is the Custom wind with A5 and hexz. So the Custom is a little hotter since it's ceramic.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Does custom have FullShred’s world famous unforgiving dexterity ?
                    Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Does custom have FullShred’s world famous unforgiving dexterity ?
                      It does, but has a much chunkier low end, too.

Comment

Do your research on the Screamin Demon before you buy one. I get that it's a signature pickup, so they called it whatever George Lynch wanted, but seriously... that was the first aftermarket pickup I tried. Went into a shop, asked the guy for a DiMarzio Evolution or an EMG 81, and he pushed the Demon on me. I think I was like 15, and was awfully disappointed when it turned out to be not the least bit screamy or demonic. Didn't try another Duncan pickup until I got on here like 10 years later.

If you want to keep the output of the FS, stay away from the Demon.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Interesting George Lynch is a huge influence of mine, and it appears that FS is a relative of Demon. I love how FS pushes the amp and the low end definition and how it tracks, I just want to have all that but with a bit of more raw, less compressed, PAF like I guess EQ, I guess that would be Custom ?
                          Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Sounds like the regular Custom is your jam

Or, if you're willing to pay Custom Shop money, take a look at the George Lynch "Hunter" pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                              Sounds like the regular Custom is your jam

Or, if you're willing to pay Custom Shop money, take a look at the George Lynch "Hunter" pickup
                              Yes, Yes, keep forgetting to ask about Hunter - one of my all time favorite times! How is Hunter vs Custom vs FS ?

Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Working...
                              X