les paul bridge pup, need a little more than the antiquity is giving me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Love that Duncan designed a set of pickups around the A4.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    Never thought I’d love an A4 pickup set

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      love my les paul and the set of antiquitys is great and nails the vintage lp tone. but, i want a bit more from the bridge. im toying with the idea of having another overwound antiquity bridge pup made in the custom shop, ive had them do 10k and 9.4k before and both were awesome, but is there something im overlooking from the production line? a little more output would be ok, but mostly want a fatter tone
      To me you are describing the '78.

Comment

I had the same problem. I switched to Whole Lotta Humbuckers. I removed the logo by rubbing it with toothpaste. I really like them.

Comment

I'd say go for a custom wound 9-9.4K PG. I had a 8.75 PG+ from the custom shop (made in the 80's) and it was better than many of of the fancy boutique pickups that I tried.

BTW 78 is also an option.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

nice to see ya around barlo! i should really just get off my ass and wind something for myself but i may try the wlh bridge since i have one sitting around

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
              I'd say go for a custom wound 9-9.4K PG. I had a 8.75 PG+ from the custom shop (made in the 80's) and it was better than many of of the fancy boutique pickups that I tried.

BTW 78 is also an option.

B
              PG Plus is a good pickup. I bet it'd be great in a Les Paul. Often you can find 'em on eBay.
              Also, occasionally people will list one as a regular PG bridge when they actually have a PG+.
              Always pulls, of course - AFAIK Duncan only made them for OEM and never offered them separately.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

a normal pg+ is too bright for me. a 9.4k pg with a2 magnet is probably just what i want. i have a sns set in a prs se and i like it but theres things i dont love about it. ive toyed with the idea of swapping an a2 mag in the bridge and that might be the ticket for this guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  nice to see ya around barlo! i should really just get off my ass and wind something for myself but i may try the wlh bridge since i have one sitting around
                  Thanks

An a2 in that WLH may do it actually, no?

B

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

PG Plus is a good pickup. I bet it'd be great in a Les Paul. Often you can find 'em on eBay.
                    Also, occasionally people will list one as a regular PG bridge when they actually have a PG+.
                    Always pulls, of course - AFAIK Duncan only made them for OEM and never offered them separately.
                    Seymour Duncan didn't offer the Pearly Gates Plus separately, but it was available as a Fender part:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1311c.jpg?itok=kRQLd5_a.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	6226560

Comment

Remember that the PG+ is in phase with Fender pickups, but out of phase with most Duncans.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just thought that I'd leave this here.

Comment

PG+ is an A5 pickup. Love them, adored my 8.75K PG+ that is kept safe in a friend's Jack E Lee ESP.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Just thought that I'd leave this here.

Nice!

B

Comment

Working...
                            X