banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a set of PAF-types for my Epi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
    Recently I removed my old 59n from one of my Les Paul in favor of a Pearly Gates. Aceman, in one of his thread, considered the pearly gates as the ultimate neck pick up for a Les Paul. I need to admit that he is right. After playing it for a while, I am asking why I haven't tried it before. So my advice for the neck slot is the PGn. For the bridge, do you want to consider a screaming demon? The perpetual burn is a great pickup but it sounds far from a PAF to my ears. And I feel the same with the hybrid and the C5
    Take that 59n, swap a polished A4 into it, then try it in something else. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      Oh! Alright. Maybe Hybrid/A2P or Pearly Gates, then.
      Either of those would work. I tend to go for warmer neck pickups, but you might like the brighter PG.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Take that 59n, swap a polished A4 into it, then try it in something else. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
        That specific 59n is actually a 59A4. Installed more than 5 years ago, I modified it with A4 mainly for two reasons: to tame a bit the boominess I experienced with this guitar and to better balance the C8 in the bridge

Comment

Working...
        X