Frankenstein X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenstein X2

Looking to build an Eddie tribute with 2 Frankenstein humbuckers. Good idea? Im hoping this configuration works.

Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask why 2 of them?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask why 2 of them?
      I believe EVH guitars use 2 EVH humbuckers, with the neck being hotter than the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I believe EVH guitars use 2 EVH humbuckers, with the neck being hotter than the bridge.
        Do any of his models have 2 Custom Shop Frankenstein pickups? Honestly, I have no idea.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm not aware of any models that use identical Frankenstein pickups in both the bridge & neck positions, but I can see that combo working well if someone wanted a syrupy neck tone (how's that for a descriptive, ha ha!) with a little more output than your typical "neck" humbucker

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Yes, the wolfgang has two "wolfgang" humbuckers, with the neck pickup hotter than the bridge. They measure respectively 17.3 and 16.5 in my wolfgang special. If we are talking about the Frankenstein, no evh guitars have two of them installed. And if I am not wrong only one model uses it. All the others are wolfgang humbuckers

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post

Yes, the wolfgang has two "wolfgang" humbuckers, with the neck pickup hotter than the bridge. They measure respectively 17.3 and 16.5 in my wolfgang special.
              A higher resistance reading does not necessarily make for a "hotter" pickup. Apologies if you are already aware of this.

Comment

I was going to say, I have a set of wolfgangs, and despite having higher DCR, the neck pickup is definitely not hotter.

The hotter thing is just one of those things that gets parroted around a lot
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                X