Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they authentic?

Are they authentic? They are bought at thomann

I will let someone else jump in, but the labels look a little off to me, especially since NECK is in all caps and Bridge is sentence case.

Comment

D. Homs?
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        D. Homs?
        I was wondering about that myself. Plus, the font looks off.

Comment

Brass baseplates with rounded tabs? Absolutely not.

Comment

You've been duped! Definitely not Duncans or Phat Cats

This video mentions "D.Homs pickups" in the description and says they are from Donghong Musical Instruments, a Chinese company from what I can tell

D Homs. pickups (东弘乐器)alnico 5 p bass pickup ,resistance 8.4k in series, 2.2k in parallel ,DIY bass mod a eart (雅特) bass ,schecter ac-hk bassFENDER PRECISION...

Comment

I asked Darth Phineus.

Nope

There is a D.Homs brand, which those appears to be

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                Donghong Musical Instruments
                Gotta love the name. Even if not the pups.

Comment

I will always ask threads like these go here so we can establish some sort of database.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thomann is a legit company, I don't see them selling fake Duncans. I bet someone bought the Phat Cats and then returned them after swapping the cheaper pickups in the package. I bet if you call Thomann they will make you whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      Thomann is a legit company, I don't see them selling fake Duncans. I bet someone bought the Phat Cats and then returned them after swapping the cheaper pickups in the package. I bet if you call Thomann they will make you whole.
                      That was gonna be my guess. I am sure Thomann didn't intentionally try to deceive you. But I bet they will make it right. If they were bought on Reverb or Ebay (or other private sale), I'd be more upset.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I never had any issues when dealing with Thomann. I've read that they have a good return policy, if you are not satisfied with the product you ordered. I bet the case is as was written by Securb.

Comment

Working...
                        X