4 New Metal Pickups at Once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 New Metal Pickups at Once?

Today we are pleased to announce a special collection of pickups now available that reflect an amazing era of metal. Read on for more information:

Alex Skolnick Signature Humbuckers: Alex Skolnick humbuckers are designed to complement the expressive melodies and aggressive palm muting that define his signature genre-spanning, jaw-dropping and pit-inducing tones.

Warren DeMartini RTM: The Warren DeMartini RTM ("Rattus Tonius Maximus") is a high-output bridge humbucker with an Alnico 2 magnet that produces aggressive and balanced tones.

Exciter: The Exciter bridge humbucker is loaded with a high-output Ceramic magnet and voiced to deliver the powerful dimensions, bold harmonics and firepower that define glam rock's heyday.

Little '78: The Seymour Duncan Little '78 single-coil spaced humbuckers deliver warm crunch with biting leads and overtone laden tapped runs.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Nice!

Comment

Are these production-line priced?

What is the A.S. models specs?

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

Yes, they're regular production, not customshop. The Alex Skolnick set is a 7.86kOhm neck pup, alnico5 roughcast, and a 17.7kOhm bridge pickup, alnico5 roughcast.

Comment

I’m somewhat curious about the Exciter pickup.

I haven’t received my JB/jazz set I just ordered yet but I’m looking forward to getting them.

id like to see what the Exciter offers though.

Comment

More JB variants?

Anyway, hit me. I like JBs in every way I'd like to try Skolnick and RTM models.
            Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

I already own the RTM and the old Hunter pickup that the Exciter is ostensibly based on. I just might be dumb enough not to know to stop there, though...

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

The links to the individual pickups' pages are in the initial post. All of these are now regular production, at production (not Custom Shop) prices.

Comment

I was a bit underwhelmed, I won't lie. Testament is metal alright, but I thought they were going to be Nazul/Black Winter types.

I'd love to try a '78 with an A5 magnet, TBH. Now, it might be a good oportunity to do so!
                  Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-07-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

The Rattus is A2 wound to 17.2 for the HB and 19.1 for the TB. I'm sure that's fat!
                    The things that you wanted
                    I bought them for you

Comment

I'm intrigued by the Skolnick pickups. From the blurbs, the bridge is metal, while the neck is more jazz-focused.

Comment

I can't find any reviews on the Skolnick or RTM pickups. I am interested in a "tweaked" JB.
                        Owner:
                        Slamo Custom Guitars
                        Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

I suspect there will be some YouTube reviews in the coming weeks.

Comment

I'll definitely be grabbing an RTM, honestly I don't know why I don't have one yet, I guess I've been too cheap!
                            Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
                            Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
                            Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
                            Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

The Hunter was pretty much a Distortion with the smaller ceramic magnet and the Exciter is a renamed version of that? I'm just wondering how the Exciter compares to the Distortion.
                              "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
                              X