clint! double thick magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Couldn't you just glue and clamp two magnets together with like poles together (mags repelling each other)? Then you wouldn't have to remagnetize them.
    Apparently it degausses them a bit to force like poles together. jeremy already has a magnetizer so there's no reason to not do it this way. Magnetizing takes like 10 seconds.

Side note is a benefit to making home made double thick mags is you can make hybrids using 2 different alnicos.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 06-22-2023, 06:26 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Also I don't know how big a difference this makes in terms of audio as I've never tried it, but mutual inductance of two opposite magnetic fields cancels out. At least that is with two coil windings, two opposing magnets with one coil might have some funny rules though.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

well, one pair of a2 and one pair of a3 glued up. probably wont have time to magnetize till monday, then double cream double thick goodness goes into the les paul

Comment

sooo i dont like the way these magnatized after being glued. inconsistent even using my big neos. really strong on most of the magnet but tapers off, not as even as im used to seeing. going to dig out my electomagnet and try that.

Comment

Or just wire the electromagnet into the guitar and REALLY push the boundaries of science!

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              sooo i dont like the way these magnatized after being glued. inconsistent even using my big neos. really strong on most of the magnet but tapers off, not as even as im used to seeing. going to dig out my electomagnet and try that.
              You can't open the jaw to remove the magnet, then the lower neo will just power thru the entire alnico and set the poles unevenly. Set the jaw with as little clearance as possible, stick the alnico in, and then rip it out.
              I bought them for you

Comment

i know how to do this, ive done it a ton. i have a hand held gauss meter and always check the field after i charge em and this looked weird

Comment

I know you know what you're doing, but why would you want to have only 1 of the neos in the vicinity of the alnico when you're done? Do you think the massively powerful neo just ignores the alnico's pole on the opposite side when the lower neo's field probably extends around the entire alnico if you raise the top jaw.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

its a two handed motion of pulling the alnico out of the field at the same time as i slide the neo back. if you saw it, youd get it. the charge was strong though so i can see how this will work when im happy with the charge consistency

Comment

I’ve got a pickup with double thick A2 that Clint made.
                      It’s one coil from a Custom and one from a Distortion and it’s a friggin beast of a pickup.

Comment

I'm glad you like it.
                        I bought them for you

Comment

jeremy, just try magnetizing how I explained for f sake.
                          I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                          X