No announcement yet.

Recommend a Telecaster bridge for good cleans and high gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on this quest in the past. I recommend Duncan Hot for Tele or Dimarzio Pre B-1. I still keep the latter in my Esquire.

Comment

I honestly don't think the Hot Rails does very good cleans. Personally, I don't think it does high-gain all that well either, but that's just me being controversial. At least not if you like some attack and aggression to your high-gain.

Comment

Originally posted by strat dude View Post

The Hot stack has tempted me in the past, the A-5 bar magnet makes me want one. I wonder how similar it is to the hot stack for Strat? I know they are different but I still wonder.
        Don't know but in mine it is classic hot Tele sound. Hot, thick, clear.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

there is a hot rails for tele, just not a cool rails. i have a strat loaded with hot rails neck and bridge. 500k volume, 250k tone, and a switch to select series/split/parallel. i think a tele hot rails bridge with series/parallel options can cover a lot of ground.

Comment

For a Hot Rails Tele, I'd go for 1 Meg volume, no tone.

Seriously. My Esquire is super super super bright acoustically (it has a pine body, a maple fretboard, and brass saddles), and even my Les Paul with an X2N (one of the darkest full-size hums I've ever tried) had more sizzle and aggression.

The one thing I did like about the Hot Rails is that it is stupid hot. Like almost Black Winter/X2N hot, which was surprising to me considering it's a tiny pickup with just a little strip of Ceramic in it. Then again, I did have mine wired to just a single volume knob, no tone loading/watering it down.
            Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 07-14-2023, 12:29 PM.

Comment

A Hot Rails for Tele might work with a series/parallel switch. I think a Cool Rails (if they had made one) would be too bright. I think if there was a Tele Little 78, that might be perfect.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The clips with the Kiesel Retro Solo guitars running the Duncan Antiquity Tele set are jaw dropping both clean and at high gain. Guitar itself has a lot to with it as they will nuke anything the Fender Custom Shop has but--.
                Here is one as an example.

Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Another clip Kiesel artist with a RS running the Duncan Antiquities. The clips kill! BTW a Retro Solo with this set up will likely be my next guitar purchase as need a good traditional Tele tone badly and I like these guitars better than the Suhr or Fender Custom Shop guitars I have played..

Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Great demo on both the guitar and this pickup set up from Johnny Hiland.

Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by elelpe View Post
                      I was on this quest in the past. I recommend Duncan Hot for Tele or Dimarzio Pre B-1. I still keep the latter in my Esquire.
                      I use the hot for tele in my partscaster and it works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        I think if there was a Tele Little 78, that might be perfect.
                        With all the modern parts and adapters available these days, you'd think there would be a Tele bridge cut for a Strat single. But I don't think I've ever seen one.

Comment

mounting, angle, and shape are different. im about to install a tele bridge pup on a squier strat and i have to rout the body and pickguard to make it fit

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

With all the modern parts and adapters available these days, you'd think there would be a Tele bridge cut for a Strat single. But I don't think I've ever seen one.
                            I haven't seen one either. It would be a good idea, though!

Comment

Alnico II Pro and a pedal is what I do. I've found it's easier to start with a good clean tone and add dirt/gain via pedal or amp than it is to try and clean up a hot pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                                Alnico II Pro and a pedal is what I do. I've found it's easier to start with a good clean tone and add dirt/gain via pedal or amp than it is to try and clean up a hot pickup.
                                This is my approach, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X