Blank back JBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guitarteck View Post
    Approximate value. People on my lp forum are not very accommodating and rude
    If you'd come back and acknowledged the help you have had here, then they wouldn't have to point out your issues.

Comment

Originally posted by freefrog View Post
      @hamerfan: thx for sharing! That said, the "no backlogo" mention seems misleading to me since most of my "prehistoric" Duncan's had the oval sticker with blue text pictured in my avatar: albeit removable, it is a back logo and it was clearly sticked on Duncan models, not on rewound pickups coming from elsewhere...
      I mean logo impressed in the back.

The funny thing is I never saw a oval sticker in flesh in Germany. I always thought they are sign for repair or rewind. I think they are very very rare in Germany. Even my only pickup with a full Modell name (before 1979) came from an American guy living in Germany.
      I also own 3 pickups with blank baseplate and only the white tag with modell ( 59N 59B), but they don‘t carry the oval sticker either.

So i cannot make out when and why the oval sticker was used.

I bought my first Duncan in 1980 and met the man in 1981 on the Frankfurt Music Fair.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post

I mean logo impressed in the back.

The funny thing is I never saw a oval sticker in flesh in Germany. I always thought they are sign for repair or rewind. I think they are very very rare in Germany. Even my only pickup with a full Modell name (before 1979) came from an American guy living in Germany.
        I also own 3 pickups with blank baseplate and only the white tag with modell ( 59N 59B), but they don‘t carry the oval sticker either.

So i cannot make out when and why the oval sticker was used.

I bought my first Duncan in 1980 and met the man in 1981 on the Frankfurt Music Fair.
        Yep, I had understood about the stamped logo. :-)

I know the oval sticker was apparently not a norm since its presence seems very random on the old PU's that I've got.

Maybe it has to do with how Duncan's were imported here in France.

I share below a pic zooming on the baseplate of an early 59/SH1...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EarlyDuncan59bpLogoDetails.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	6251378

And here is another 59/SH1 seen from various perspectives (whose feet have been trimmed by their first owner: they weren't like that initially)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EarlyDuncan59DoubleCreamVariousViews.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6251379
        Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Thanks all for your help!! I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
          X