banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colossal Incantation back in The Seymour Duncan Reverb Shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colossal Incantation back in The Seymour Duncan Reverb Shop!

You can check out special winds and buy direct from the Seymour Duncan Reverb Shop now!

Check out the Colossal Incantation, back in stock!

The pitch finder general of high output pickups, Seymour Duncan’s Colossal Incantation Humbucker doom ‘n’ rolls its way through your rig!
    • Put your volume four on!
    • Each coil is Custom Shop wound for maximum output
    • Supported by a trio of ceramic magnets
    • Dual rows of stud pole pieces maintain grit and bite
    • Standard humbucker size with ¼” legs for versatile mounting
    • Bridge position with standard E to E string spacing
    • 4-conductor cable for spit coil and other custom wiring applications
    • DCR: 41.57k (!)
    • $180.00

Forged in the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop, these pickups have been uniquely wound and hand-crafted by the legendary "MJ". Each pickup has been individually tested to ensure the finest quality materials, sound, and performance. We hope you enjoy these one-of-a-kind offerings!

Administrator of the SDUGF

I like it because it has a really neutral look. Almost looks like a cheapie pickup on those 100 dollar guitars. But I'm sure as soon as you plug it in, it will make anybody go WOAH!

I'd love to try it, but I don't really like dark-sounding pickups.

Comment

The all studs look is cool.

And I thought the madness would stop with the Slug...

Comment

The "Abigail" trembucker looks interesting too. Thick ceramic mag, hybrid coils, at 13.08k. Wonder what the coils are based on?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Put your volume four on!
          Is that Latin?

Comment

Silly question probably but, is it possible to wire a guitar humbucker with 4 coils? Like 2 p bass pickups combined into a square?

I think Bartolini does this for sure on their soapbar bass pickups and maybe their much rarer guitar pickups.

If so, I'd like to see SD try their hand at 4 coil humbuckers.

"Volume four on" made me think of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
              I like it because it has a really neutral look. Almost looks like a cheapie pickup on those 100 dollar guitars. But I'm sure as soon as you plug it in, it will make anybody go WOAH!

I'd love to try it, but I don't really like dark-sounding pickups.
              For me these new pickups sound great for 60s-70s Sabbath inspired stuff where you're breaking a clean up into distortion as opposed to trying to do Vivaldi licks.

With so much preamp gain, I just don't know why I'd need that much DCR, but it's fun to see new things tried.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                The "Abigail" trembucker looks interesting too. Thick ceramic mag, hybrid coils, at 13.08k. Wonder what the coils are based on?
                This looks awesome, I don't need it but I want it.

____

Doesn't it kinda seem like white bobbin versions of the "blackened black winter" should have a different name? Whitened White Christmas? The Dyatlov Pass?
                Take it to the limit
                Everybody to the limit
                Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

"The Dyatlov Pass?"

Now there's an obscure reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
                    "The Dyatlov Pass?"

Now there's an obscure reference.
                    Obscure, mysterious, cold, brutal.

Disappear into the snowblinded fury of the Dyatlov Pass. Make your guitar scream the barely heard screams of your companions as they fall into the abyss. The deep low end of a bottomless crevasse. Ferocious attack, like the frenzied impact of your climbing pick, hacking at the ice in desperation. Juicy, firm midrange like the flesh of your companions, consumed for sustenance before your final doomed foray into the void. Dyatlov Pass. Also available in green and pink through the Reverb shop.
                    Take it to the limit
                    Everybody to the limit
                    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
                      Doesn't it kinda seem like white bobbin versions of the "blackened black winter" should have a different name? Whitened White Christmas? The Dyatlov Pass?
                      They're so black, they are white again. That's the definition of "None more black."

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

They're so black, they are white again. That's the definition of "None more black."
                        It's more of a "Mach" piece
                        Take it to the limit
                        Everybody to the limit
                        Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

There's even a D-Tar Acoustic Preamp on there! I used to have one many years ago.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

For me these new pickups sound great for 60s-70s Sabbath inspired stuff where you're breaking a clean up into distortion as opposed to trying to do Vivaldi licks.

With so much preamp gain, I just don't know why I'd need that much DCR, but it's fun to see new things tried.
                            I used to think Invaders or X2N's only really worked into those late 70's or early 80's amp that had so little gain and low-end, but many people get cool tones from them into Rectos or 5150's. This is no Invader, but that's the closest I can think of to compare that I have experience with.

I like high output pickups, personally, even if I use a modern-ish amp or a digital model of it. My 500T and Black Winter are so hot, I have to use an actual hardware overdrive before my HX Stomp so that I pre-clip the signal in a nice musical way, because even if I engage the pad on the HX Stomp, the 500T destroys its input. I'd rather have the signal be clipped and compressed from something that's supposed to clip and compress and not from the input of the HX digitally clipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              There's even a D-Tar Acoustic Preamp on there! I used to have one many years ago.
                              just ordered a mama bear! wish i had gotten one when they came out but they had some nos for $250. i love acoustic guitar, and hate plugging it in. hoping this helps rectify that issue

as far as the two pbass/four coil pups. sure you could do that if there was a reason to. not gonna be cheap though

Comment

Working...
                              X