banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Peg City pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not pigeonhole them like that, I could play anything on them. With my amp settings, which are usually set to extreme metal, that is the vibe I got. If the SG was my only guitar, I am sure I could dial it in for almost anything. They have great bass but are not overly dark or muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I would not pigeonhole them like that, I could play anything on them. With my amp settings, which are usually set to extreme metal, that is the vibe I got. If the SG was my only guitar, I am sure I could dial it in for almost anything. They have great bass but are not overly dark or muddy.
      Ah, gotcha.

I play extreme metal too. It's just Doom/Sludge/Stoner tones that I'm not really into, personally.

Comment

I have been recording with the Angry Widows all day. These pickups sound amazing on tape and are very complimentary to the Black WInters. I will post something soon.

Comment

I have been recording with the Angry Widows all day. These pickups sound amazing on tape and are very complimentary to the Black WInters. I will post something soon.
          If you could post something where you compare both, that'd be killer. I'm super familiar with the 'Winters, so that can be a good point of reference.

Comment

Here is a clip of the Angry Widows in another thread. Didn't want to double post

Lead: MIM Strat w/ Dimebucker and a Wampler Dracarys Distortion
            Rhythm: Gibson SG w/ Angry WIdows and a MXR D+

Both guitars are using a JCM 2000 and a VOX AC30 simultaneously

Comment

Here is a clip of the Angry Widows in another thread. Didn't want to double post

Lead: MIM Strat w/ Dimebucker and a Wampler Dracarys Distortion
              Rhythm: Gibson SG w/ Angry WIdows and a MXR D+

Both guitars are using a JCM 2000 and a VOX AC30 simultaneously

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...57#post6283757
              The mix sounds killer.

I would've liked to hear how they sound doing some more palm-muted chuggs, but for that style of music, they work particularly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

The mix sounds killer.

I would've liked to hear how they sound doing some more palm-muted chuggs, but for that style of music, they work particularly well.
                Thanks man. We have another song being mixed now that is a bit more chug worthy. Now that I hear the SG recorded I think it will be used more in a few of the next songs.

Comment

solo sounds a bit like vernon reed! i like it

the recording sounds great all around, rhythm guitars sound huge

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    solo sounds a bit like vernon reed! i like it

the recording sounds great all around, rhythm guitars sound huge
                    Thanks man I think the Tone Speak speakers in the VOX have a lot to do with the tone.

Comment

Thanks man. We have another song being mixed now that is a bit more chug worthy. Now that I hear the SG recorded I think it will be used more in a few of the next songs.
                      I'd love to hear that!

Comment

Working...
                      X