New PAF Variant from Dimarzio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PAF Variant from Dimarzio

Dimarzio goes maple spacers, plain enamel wires, buthyrate bobbins and alnico 2 magnets

DiMarzio has been on the cutting edge of pickup design and has been a game changer for over 50 years. We pride ourselves on our originality, innovation, and the constant pursuit of excellence. The PAF® 57 uses a 2½-inch Alnico 2 magnet as the energy source, setting the stage for sonic brilliance. Using computer-controlled winders, we scatter-wind the 42 AWG enamel wire, adding dimension to the meticulously matched coils and enriching the guitar's voice and dynamics while adding depth without compromise. Fear not: these pickups are wax-potted, vanquishing any whisper of microphonic feedback. All the pole pieces and studs are nickel plated, while a maple spacer ensures perfect coil alignment between the bobbins. PAF® 57 pickups paint an auditory masterpiece — creamy tones, flawless hum cancellation, and a crystalline top end. The PAF® 57 has the perfect output for use with high gain amplifiers. Choose your vibe with black, relic white, or cream butyrate bobbins, or traditional nickel covers. The PAF® 57 Neck and Bridge models deliver open dynamics, a bright attack, smooth midrange, and a resounding bottom end. DiMarzio doesn’t answer to a board of directors. We answer to a higher power: musicians.

DiMarzio has been on the cutting edge of pickup design and has been a game changer for over 50 years. We pride ourselves on our originality, innovation, and the constant pursuit of excellence. The PAF® 57 uses a 2½-inch Alnico 2 magnet as the energy source, setting the stage for sonic brilliance. Using computer-controlled winders, we scatter-wind the 42 AWG enamel wire, adding dimension to the meticulously matched coils and enriching the guitar's voice and dynamics while adding depth without compromise. Fear not: these pickups are wax-potted, vanquishing any whisper of microphonic feedback. All the pole pieces and studs are nickel plated, while a maple spacer ensures perfect coil alignment between the bobbins. PAF® 57 pickups paint an auditory masterpiece — creamy tones, flawless hum cancellation, and a crystalline top end. The PAF® 57 has the perfect output for use with high gain amplifiers. Choose your vibe with black, relic white, or cream butyrate bobbins, or traditional nickel covers. The PAF® 57 Neck and Bridge models deliver open dynamics, a bright attack, smooth midrange, and a resounding bottom end. DiMarzio doesn’t answer to a board of directors. We answer to a higher power: musicians.
    Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

I don’t need new pickups. I don’t need new pickups.
    Those specs tick all the right boxes for me.

Comment

Specs look good to me.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

whaaat? A2 for dmz??

Comment

anyway, specs are almost identical to tonerider alnico 2 pickups, scattered winding too

Comment

Could I get them in double Parchment?

Comment

Hey nienturi! Those must have gone on the site in the last couple days?

Hmmm…what ErikH said…

Comment

Those look pretty Classic if you ask me.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                  anyway, specs are almost identical to tonerider alnico 2 pickups, scattered winding too
                  You can see those specs almost every pickup builder from Gibson to any other boutique winders. I think the only exception was Dimarzio and now they have, too

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                    Hey nienturi! Those must have gone on the site in the last couple days?

Hmmm…what ErikH said…
                    I realised yesterday. I was looking for something new because of the NAMM 2024 events. And surprised what i saw. Then checked dimarzio forum and came here

Comment

Are PAF pickups supposed to be scatter-wound? I mean, "authentic" vintage-inspired ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
                        Could I get them in double Parchment?
                        No, that is a protected color.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          Are PAF pickups supposed to be scatter-wound? I mean, "authentic" vintage-inspired ones.
                          vintage scattered means "more or less, by eye"

Comment

no, pafs were not scatter wound. they were machine wound, usually on a leesona 102 gibson purchased in 1954. granted machine wound on that machine didnt have the same tight tolerances we have today, but its still machine wound. duncan has the actual winder from the gibson factory and uses it on many of their vintage paf type pups

Comment

What was it Seth Lover said? "Wind the bobbins until they are full"?
                              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
                              X