Beefed Up Jazz Bridge for Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Well, a Demon trembucker is about a 10% boost over the Jazz bridge and it isn't a custom shop order. That means you can get it sooner, try it, and if you don't like it you can return it. And it really sounds so much better than the Jazz in the bridge.

That's a plus, plus, plus in my book.
    Cool info. I'm not 100% satisfied with my Jazz bridge. (Close, but no cigar.) I may have to try that.

Comment

Would a beefed up 59 bridge (for Strat) be better?
      With the same 10% boost,maybe different mag?
      Still undecided but close.

Comment

Originally posted by tce44 View Post
        Would a beefed up 59 bridge (for Strat) be better?
        With the same 10% boost,maybe different mag?
        Still undecided but close.
        SH-18b WLH bridge?

Comment

How are the cleans though?

Comment

Being a PAF-type, the cleans of a WLH are wonderful.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
              Yes, it would. A double thick mag also gives you a boost similar to about a 10 or 15% raise in the dcr. But it you want to spend $200 instead of a few bucks, then cool. :P
              Hey Clint, you say double thick mag for Jazz Bridge works, does that fit/slide in same way as regular mag? Wheres best place to buy and which one for best sound? A8,U0A5,A6,etc,etc
              To pair up with Jazz B in neck spot.
              Thanx alot!

Comment

Hey Clint, you say double thick mag for Jazz Bridge works, does that fit/slide in same way as regular mag? Wheres best place to buy and which one for best sound? A8,U0A5,A6,etc,etc
                To pair up with Jazz B in neck spot.
                Thanx alot!
                You have to rotate the spacer bars 90°, that is normally the size of the double thick mag.
                Well double thick A5. the added metal and stronger magnetic field will make it more beefy.
                But Frank Falbo said that what you expect from a double thick A5 is normally better achieved with a normal sized A6:
                post #14

and more on the spacers:
                since i like what thick 1/4” rods in single coil bridges (e.g. the quarter pound) do for heavier stuff, i like to try double thick mags in low/med output pickups and of course Clint 55 relentless raving about them made me curious:D spacers i can flip, print or make myself, but what about the keeper bar? do i need a
                Last edited by ToneFiddler; 02-27-2024, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Need more output too,to pair up with neck pickup.
                  Id like to try a jazz B in neck spot,thats 8.4k.
                  So volumes even out.

Comment

Hey Clint, you say double thick mag for Jazz Bridge works, does that fit/slide in same way as regular mag?
                    Yes, all you have to do is open the humbucker up more and turn the spacers on their sides. I recommend sanding the spacers or adding masking tape to get the height the same as the magnet so that the bobbins don't sit wonky.

Where's best place to buy?
                    Cermag in the UK is the only place that stocks a selection of alnicos. You can find A5 in the US. I can't remember where. Phila used to have them.

Which one for best sound? A8, U0A5, A6, etc, etc. To pair up with Jazz B in neck spot.
                    If you want it to be the same as the jazz, A5. If you want a bit more mids and chewiness without straying too far from the jazz sound, UOA5 or A6. The benefit to A6 is that it is oriented so responds like A5. A3 could also be an option. It's the closest to A2 out of all of them for its amount of mids but it's a little snappier and it's the weakest. So UOA5 and A3 would be the chewy options.

Thanx alot!
                    You're welcome!

The things that you wanted
                    I bought them for you

Comment

All great options, probably one that has a little more output if any. thanx again.

Comment

You're welcome. A5 and A6 would have the most output.
                        The things that you wanted
                        I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                        X