DK24 HH not digging pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
    I would normally be looking to tame the biting treble response of a plexi type amp, but maybe if you don't need real high output the Screamin Demon would do what you want?
    I have Gibson '61 pickups as OP and I have a Screamin Demon also. I don't think an SD (even with A8) will get OP where he wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
      I would normally be looking to tame the biting treble response of a plexi type amp, but maybe if you don't need real high output the Screamin Demon would do what you want?
      I have Gibson '61 pickups as OP and I have a Screamin Demon also. I don't think an SD (even with A8) will get OP where he wants to be.

Comment

Here's the thing, I have a hand made cathode biased 20watt marshall clone which has a lot of low mids. This sounds perfect with my squier and my Gibson SGJ can do that "fool for the city tone" in spades, boosted it gets all the 70s and 80s hard rock I want. With my charvel it just sounds too warm. I've went down the EQ pedal rabbit hole and I'd be always tweaking it. You'd think that the DK and the SG have the same body and neck woods would have similar characteristics.

Comment

Hmmmmm, that SGJ 61 zebra probably does not come in Trembucker width

Comment

Originally posted by audiosalvage View Post
            You'd think that the DK and the SG have the same body and neck woods would have similar characteristics.
            almost everything else is totally different though. scale, bridge, # of frets, body style, neck attachment, etc... very different guitars

Comment

I could try a P() full size but that humm?

Comment

SD Custom custom?

Comment

I still keep thinking the Hybrid. They have a unique high mid-punch that really cuts through. The Shread has that bright top end but lacks high mid, the more I read through this, the more I think your issue is a lack of high mid-punch and not the very top end. The Hybrid has a pretty unique response across the board.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by audiosalvage View Post
                    SD Custom custom?
                    If you don't want more mids, the CC isn't the right pickup.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The hot ticket at least for me on my DK-24 and found this by accident because I wanted gold poles to match hardware is replace the hex screws (or half of them) with 3/4" fillister screws, the change is very noticeable as it rounds/smooths the highs, gives a slight mid bump and slightly loosens the bottom end, Ive told a couple people about this on the Charvel page on FB and they had positive results as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X