E-II Arrow pickup choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-II Arrow pickup choices

The guitar currently has an EMG81/85 set that came stock. It does not have a tone pot so has that rather typical super piercing high end that is rather unpleasant. It's a rather typical thing I have experienced, EMG loaded guitars with no tone pot seem to have a super-pronounced bump in the high end that's not too pleasant. Easily remedied soldering in a dummy 25k tone pot and taping it to the side of the cavity.

However, this time I kind of don't want to do that. I wouldn't mind a different flavour given I have plenty EMG loaded guitars.

So as I say, E-II Arrow, Alder body maple neck ebony board randy rhoads sort of guitar with a floyd rose original. The tuning is C-Standard.

I'm looking to put in a set of passives from one of the usual brands. Duncan, DiMarzio, Bare Knuckle. But I would like to try a wildcard. Again, had a lot of the standard JB/59 sets and they're great, just looking for something a little left field.

I have never tried the Duncan Exciter or the DiMarzio Igno for example. I have read around but thought I would ask here for pointers given I've not been steered wrong here in the past. Something that will be OK with C-Standard, fairly bright guitar, going to be playing death metal with it.

I have another guitar with a DiMarzio Super Distortion and a Gravity Storm in the neck, love that combination. I also have a couple of guitars with the Duncan Invader set and the JB/59 set. I also like what those do, hence why looking for something different on this one.

I am not sure the Exciter is 'left-field' enough from the JB. Perhaps something like a Black Winter set or and El Diablo/Sentient set?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

How about a set from the Parallel Axis series…?

Comment

I am open to all options.

Comment

Blackouts. Drop-in/Plug-in install and will cure what ails ya!

Comment

I would say Blackouts have an even more extreme high-end than EMG's have.

But then again, all passives do as well.

Comment

Working...
            X