Hard Country or Country Metal HBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Country or Country Metal HBs

I have a 2024 Agile AL-3200MCC 2-Tone Sunburst Floyd.

It is basically a LP with a Floyd Rose. It has a 5-piece neck-thru neck made of maple and walnut with ebony fretboard. The body wings are made of 1.5" thick mahogany and the top of body is 3/4" thick maple cap. So I reckon the guitar is nearly 50% maple, 40% mahogany and the remaining 10% is a mix of ebony and walnut. So it's 60% bright tonewood and 40% warm tonewood. This guitar will be used for hard/metal country.

I liked what I heard of the Hot Chicken Strats but wanted that twangy attack in a nickel humbucker/trembucker set. What would ye recommend from Seymour Duncan's catalog that'd fit the bill?

Please note that I have a second 3200MCC that is identical except it has a transparent black flame maple finish. It will be used for more general modern metal applications including thrash, prog and symphonic metal. I'm currently evaluating the JB TB and A8 TB in the bridge and the 78, 59 and Jazz in the neck. I have the nickel covered versions of these pickups on hand. zz0.zr95l06f23ozz
    Wa Hiki Hui Hou Mākou... (Until We Meet Again...)
    -GhostGuitars

I think the Pearly Gates is a great set for that.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well this was my 93 Carvin DC 127 running an Alt * bridge and Sentient neck through my little Boogie Subway, the Song was a spur of the moment throw together, and I over played but the solo tones at around the 2 minute mark speak for themselves. Running both pickups split BTW.

This was my Kiesel DC 135 running a split Perpetual Burn with the Carvin AP 11 in the middle.

Yes, you can run a high gain humbucker for country stuff!!
      This is a set of Saturday Night Specials untapped and yes they can also rock hard!
      Last edited by Ascension; 06-05-2024, 07:46 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

i think the sns would fit the bill well

Comment

Thanks y'all, I will take a closer look at the Alternative 8, and add the Pearly Gates and the Saturday Night Specials to the test set. Will also try combining the A8 TB with the PG and SNS necks. I kinda like the idea of a A8 + A2 or A4 in a guitar! I'll report back when I've made my choice!
          -GhostGuitars

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to know how this project turns out! Include some pics, too!

Comment

This is the 2024 Agile AL-3200MCC 2-Tone Sunburst Floyd.
              -GhostGuitars

Comment

This is my other one, the 2024 Agile AL-3200MCC Black Flame Floyd. Click image for larger version

Name:	InCollage_20240514_155435232~ZQ(3072²)(84).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	6282142
                -GhostGuitars

Comment

Bonus pic. Here's my first Agile.

2012 Agile AL-3010SE Blue Flame.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231005_133448~ZM(2000²).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	6282144 Traditionally built with a mahogany body with mahogany carved archtop cap and flame maple veneer. Set neck is mahogany with 13.75" radius ebony fretboard. Unlike the 3200MCCs' mother-of-pearl traps inlays, the 3010SE has real abalone traps inlays. However the headstock has the traditional Agile fleur-de-lis mother-of-pearl inlay. Body, neck and headstock is bound in cream. This is my #1 traditional style LP. The stock chrome humbuckers are mild PAF-styled A5s that measures 7.75/7.25κΩ. I'm currently happy with these pups altho I wouldn't mind upgrading the bridge to something with a bit more output @ ~16κΩ but still retain the same warm growl it already has. Something like the JB but with chrome covers to match the stock appearance would be ideal.
                  -GhostGuitars

Comment

Those are some very cool & unique instruments!

Comment

Those Agiles look nice

My first thought was Pearly Gates set.
                      Second thought was Pearly bridge with Jazz neck. The Jazz neck has a bit more of a Fender feel in the neck. The Pearly neck has more of a PAF Gibson feel in the neck.

After that, some of the sizzling bright humbuckers in the line, like Full Shred types, with the right amp setup and picking style might get a bit of twang edge.

The biggest thing is the scale length. If the Agiles are Gibson scale, then it's hard for just the pickup to give you twang. If the guitar is Fender scale, it almost imparts some twang whether you want it or not. (My Jackson is like this.)

Comment

what the heck is country metal? like, pantera?

Comment

Yeah, I was going to ask what's an example of Country Metal. Like Southern Rock/Metal?

I'm sure it's not that, but the first thing that came to mind was Pantera as well, LOL.

Comment

I want to know what "hard country" is, but I'm afraid to search it, LOL!

Comment

I was hoping for something like extreme rockabilly, but the stuff I found sounds more like sludge with a deathcore production sensibility and some country-flavored slow parts. (GuitarDoc, don't ask)

Not my thing but more power to em.
                              Take it to the limit
                              Everybody to the limit
                              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Working...
                              X