Pickup problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup problem

I have an epiphone custom guitar with gibson 83' pickups in it. They are really strong and bright but when i turn my rectifier up to a certain level i get bad feedback from the b or g string, i tried to adjust the poles, but i dont know how to do that correctly because i dont want to ruin the sound. Its bright on a clean channel which is really good, its just that i dont want all that feedback. Is there any pickup you would recommend that has a fat, strong sound?

Re: Pickup problem

Originally posted by tekenten
    I have an epiphone custom guitar with gibson 83' pickups in it. They are really strong and bright but when i turn my rectifier up to a certain level i get bad feedback from the b or g string, i tried to adjust the poles, but i dont know how to do that correctly because i dont want to ruin the sound. Its bright on a clean channel which is really good, its just that i dont want all that feedback. Is there any pickup you would recommend that has a fat, strong sound?
    what KIND of fat strong sound? what kinda tone are you looking for? classic rock, modern, etc.?

Comment

sounds like theymight not be Wax Potted. When you unscrew one of the pole pieces do you see a bit of light-colored wax? If not, that's your problem.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...rd/index.shtml will help you in choosing new Duncan pups. The only ones that are not wax potted are the seth lovers and the Antiquities.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Is there a way that i can wax them myself? Since im not really sure if they are waxed or not, ill check if they are.

Comment

Working...
        X