megadeth and mudvayne?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: megadeth and mudvayne?!!?

Definitely a JB in the bridge man if you want to sound like those guys from the 80's!

For the neck though id go for something else like a Jazz or something, much better match to the JB and you will be able to use it for many other things well too.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

You will not be able to get mudvayne sounds out of your neck/rhythm cavity. I say SH-6 in the bridge.
      `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Originally posted by LucidInterval
        You will not be able to get mudvayne sounds out of your neck/rhythm cavity. I say SH-6 in the bridge.
        I agree with the inability to get Mudvayne out of the rhythm, which is why I'm suggesting the Invader in the bridge. The JB bridge Invader neck is more offered, by conventional standards, seeing as though there is no neck JB but there is a neck Invader, but, say you had a trillion cubic yards of dirt, and you poured just enough water on it to fully saturate it... that's how muddy the Invader can be in the neck. I don't dig it.

Comment

ok then...
          oh, and what about a mid pos pup, what would that be? could i just screw the neck and have just mid/bridge hb setup? would that work better? i've seen it done before...
          :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
          Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

jb/dimebucker combo??

I'm assuming the JB bridge is a definite here

I found the dimebucker clarified the invaders mud and stayed fairly close to invader chunk.... (hough I haven't tried it in the neck).....

Comment

but the mid/bridge..................??
              :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
              Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by what?
                rthe guitar? probably a epi sg
                Originally posted by what?
                but the mid/bridge..................??
                ..Is this a 3 humbucker SG? ...If so, yes, the Dimebucker should sound cool in the mid(a FullShred may sound better, though) & a SD Distortion in the bridge will get you the "megadeth and mudvayne" sound that you're after. ..A Jazz neck will work great with these pups.
                Last edited by Russ; 06-24-2004, 04:13 AM.
                A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
                This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Working...
                X