Lace sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lace sensors?

Thanks guys...I've decided on using at least one Lawrence L-280S, although I'm not sure what position to put it in. I'm thinking of also using a Kinman, and then maybe a gold or Holy Grail Sensor. As a side note, I really like the tone Pete Townshend gets from the Strats he uses live. The Lace Sensors he has still retain the vintage Strat sound, but they also have a slightly more modern tone. I recently downloaded a video of the Who's performance from the concert for NYC, and his tone sounded amazing. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend looking for it on your favorite P2P network. Anyway, the tone he has on the solo for "Baba O'Reiley" is exactly the neck tone I'm looking for. Bright and glassy, but enough warmth to avoid any shrillness. I know he uses stock Clapton Strats, so I'm assuming that's the gold Lace Sensor I'm hearing.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Lawrence noiseless single coils, and the Kinmans seem to get good reviews as well. I should probably start a separate thread for this, but does anyone have any experience with the Kinman or Lawrence noiseless single coils? Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
    X