This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FS/T Fender Tom Delonge Strat 500$

Its supposed to come today. Fortuantely we're in the middle of a big storm so I've got off from work. I hope the rocks are at least quartz! Quartz is cool!

Comment

Heres the emails between Dusklose and me.:

Email 1

Dustin, I emailed you yesterday to tell you the USPS money order was sent and will arrive Thur or Friday. I'm sending my info again. Mail it to this address and could you reply back so i know you got it.

Jeff Sukanick
      5424 Route 309
      Schnecksville PA 18078

The info is also on the check. Mail me back to confirm, Thanks Jeff

Email 2

yes, i got it, i was away from my computer yesterday. the guitar will be sent as soon as the money order gets here and approved by the bank

~~if you dont know your past you will never know your future~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To: <[email protected]>
      Subject: Delonge
      Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 1153 -0400

Dustin, I emailed you yesterday to tell you the USPS money order was sent and will arrive Thur or Friday. I'm sending my info again. Mail it to this address and could you reply back so i know you got it.

Jeff Sukanick
      5424 Route 309
      Schnecksville PA 18078

The info is also on the check. Mail me back to confirm, Thanks Jeff

Email 3

jeff, my bank called yesterday and they were having problems getting the check to go through. I am going to call them again today and see what is up, if worse comes to worse i will ship the guitar and pray that the check goes through later. I will get it shipped out asapl, it is in the box and ready. sorry for the delay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To: "Dustin Klose" <[email protected]>
      Subject: Re: Delonge
      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 0700 -0400

Hey Dustin, did you ship the guitar yet? A fed check cashes fast it should have gone in Monday. I was hoping to have the guitar by Saturday.

Email 4

Jeff, sounds good, i went to my bank earlier today and they said everything should be good tomorrow, it wasnt the fact that it was a USPS error or whatever, it was their own personal system. But they said that the money will be there tomorrow

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:00:44 -0400

I can't understand how a USPS check would have problems going through. It's a government check. It was paid cash to a government agency. I am a federal agent and get paid by the government. If there is a problem I can clear it up with one phone call. I will make a call tomorrow and get this cleared up immediately. We have agents in every city and I will be sure to look into it asap.
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: [email protected]
      Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:45 AM

Email 5
      Jeff,

Sorry about the delay in responding, my family had some medical problems in minneapolis with my grandma and i had no access to a computer, i had called a friend to have him get the Delonge shipped, but he didnt stop at my house to get it taken care of! I will be shipping this tomorrow, if i can get the money i will ship it 2-3 day express. I am sorry again for any delay.

Subject: Delonge
      Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:20:39 -0400

This was a gift for my nephews birthday on Saturday. Obviously you are stalling or have no intention of sending it. I will give you until tomorrow to respond. If I don't hear from you I'll start calling your house. If that doesn't work I'll notify the postal inspectors and they can take it from there. After all its a federal offense to take a usps check through the mail for goods and not send them. Did you ever even have a Delonge? Hope you feel good about ruinning a 13 year old boys birthday.

I'll be calling this number maybe your parents will understand and help out.
      Klose, Wayne & Melissa
      407 17th Ave N

Wahpeton, ND 58075-3300

(701) 642-8912

If you decide to do the right thing and mail the guitar make sure there is a tracking number so you can prove you sent it.

Comment

Email 6

as i said i got it to the store to ship it, as soon as my mom gets home from work today i'll get you the tracking number.

Subject: Last chance
        Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 07:55:46 -0400

You've promised to ship this guitar twice. I either want to see it shipped today with a confirmation number or I want a USPS money order for $450.00 mailed today with a confirmation number. I will start calling your house tomorrow morning. After that you'll be getting a visit from the postal inspector. You've had enough chances to do the right thing.

Email 7

As you said? Said what? The last I heard from you was last thursday when you said you would ship it Friday 2 to 3 day. Which you didn't do. I didn't hear from you again until I threatened to start calling your house tomorrow. Send me the confirmation number.
        Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 12:28 PM
        Subject: RE: Last chance

as i said i got it to the store to ship it, as soon as my mom gets home from work today i'll get you the tracking number.

Email 8

Mom still at work?
        Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 12:28 PM
        Subject: RE: Last chance

Subject: Last chance
        Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 07:55:46 -0400

Email 9

1z5661260357741635 UPS

Subject: Re: Last chance
        Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:07:22 -0400

This is the emails between us. I sent a few that he didn't respond to. Mostly one sentence. "Did you ship the guitar yet? I hope you can all make sense of these as it was kind of hard to post. Lots of stalls and bad excuses and days between responses. You can all vote as to wheter he is a good trader or bad. I tried to sell him a pickup and had problems with him. I shouldn't have given him another chance but I really wanted that guitar and figured I'd give him another chance.

I cast the first vote for bad trader.

Comment

I know its kind of hard to follow but I wanted to include all that was on the pages to prove they were actual emails. Some of the paragraphs are are repeated becasue they were replies. If you look between for the responses it makes sence.
          Thanks for all your support. This is still the best music forum on the net. One sour note doesn't spoil the whole song! Jeff

Comment

Man, that first incident with the pickup was enough to rise my pressure. Second incident puts me over the edge.

He needs to take his deals to another forum.

Comment

Second vote cast for BAD TRADER

He should have at least posted an apology and explanation in this thread...he has had plenty of time to do so.

I admire your patience Jeff.

I'm hoping that the guitar arrives today and that it is worth what you paid.

Dave
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I got some lake front property in the desert. How much money you got?

Comment

Wow, what a little turd burgler. It was realy nice of you to give him a second chance, and what does he do? Show's that he can't be trusted. This smiley: was designed for him!

ANOTHER VOTE FOR BAD TRADER (of the year).

I hope the Delonge arrives, though if you do get the Box-o-rocks-ocaster, you can take easy in knowing your a federal agent. You know the laws, the offences and the penalties, and if you don't get the Strat, you should help make him aware of them too.
                "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

We no longer need to vote. the guitar arrived just now. A box with two plastic bags in it, guitar in a gigbag with no padding.

Pickups are dead.
                  Two dents in the front.
                  Dents and divits all the way up the back of the neck
                  A bent tuning peg
                  Every pickguard screw is so rusty it looks like they were left in the rain

I believe he said "this guitar has been played very little"

I took that to mean its in good shape. i guess waht he meant was its not playable so therefore, its been "played very little".

I'm looking back at the pics and now i can see upon looking closer that the pickguard screws are rusty in the picture. It sure isn't how he described it. If I only lived closer.

Well I guess I learned a lesson. Never give a jerk another chance. I guess I'll tear it apart and see if I can figure out the problem.

Dustin if you read this, I really wish you lived closer!

Comment

yeah, they do kinda look rusty in the original post. sorry to hear it doesn't even work. kinda crappy ending to a very long and crappy ordeal...
                    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

• Re: FS/T Fender Tom Delonge Strat 500$

I forgot to mention the frets are heavily worn. What a piece of crap!

Comment

I don't think putting a post in "Bad Trader Alert" is sufficient. I would call his parents if I were you. Someone needs to teach this little brat a lesson.
                        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I tried calling the number. It beeps, then a voice comes on and says, "please enter your pin now" I thought I had the right number for his parents because the only way he would respond is when I threatened to call them.

I'll be writing some letters too. Its personal now. I want to get him. I'm so glad I gave my nephew my Squier Delonge. If I had let him open this box it would have been a worse than giving his present late.

This guitar really is in terrible shape. The finish is heavily pickscratched and there is a crack thru the finish on the bottom. I was in such a hurry to write how bad it was i didn't even notice it right away.

I don't get the phone number thing?

Comment

He responded back to my email with this:

the price was set, the pictures were taken, we had an agreement of a 450.00 payment. this is the risk you run when you buy used gear. At the time of shipment every aspect of this guitar worked just fine from the output jack to the tuning pegs. i played this guitar 5 minutes prior to getting it shpped out and it played just as well as the first day it was bought.

Subject: You won't get away with this!
                            Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:07:11 -0400

Comment

dude, so sorry to hear about this...just a reminder to his description of the guitar's condition in his first post:

"up for sale I have a used Tom Delonge Fender Strat, in one of the most sought after colors...surf green. The guitar has been played very little. There are a few scratchs but hard to be seen unless looking for them."

does the box show any damage? Wouldn't surprise me if he bounced it around a bit before shipping, he seems like a big enough sack of crap to do that.

I also like how he said "That's the risk you run when buying used gear."
                              I think he's running a bit of risk himself.
                              Originally posted by Mattt
                              If $10 gets me a pedal that sounds as sweet as my own farts... then i'm buying it!
                              Originally posted by ginormous
                              This beer is so cold, it did yo' mama and made your daddy watch!

Comment

Its a real shame when a trader is totally dishonest about the condition of an item, worst of all when its a fellow forum bro. Rusty pickguard screws would be a minor irritation but coupled with the list of other damage my heart goes out to you.

He's further enhanced his reputation as a grade one moron by not putting any packaging/padding in the box. I dispear of some people but I am a firm believer in fate and what goes around comes around. Someday someone will pull a stunt like this on him and then he'll know what it feels like to be shafted.

If it were me I'd phone his parents and tell them what you think of their off spring.

Doesn't anyone on the board live in his locality and be willing to pay him a friendly visit?
                                Last edited by Lu_B; 04-16-2007, 02:04 PM.
                                I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
                                MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
                                Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
                                MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
                                Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
                                Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
                                K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

Working...
                                X