X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FS/T Fender Tom Delonge Strat 500$

Originally posted by Kindred_Spirits

LOL
    OK. I got ripped off but why is it everytime I look at these pictures I crack up?

Comment

This is freakin' crazy. Sorry for all your troubles bro.
      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

I just finished reading this entire story. I'm really sorry to hear that you got ripped off Stratomaster; obviously Dusklose is a liar and a delinquent that should be punished. I think it's safe to say that you deserve a full refund and to get that broken-down guitar out of your house.

Good luck getting things worked out. I'm 18 as well and I am sure as **** more responsible than this inconsiderate moron.
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Wow, I'm away from this thread for 30 minutes and all this info comes out. It's amazing what one man can pull up (good work GuitarStv) and Jess, you're totally right, I will personally fill any thread he posts with links to this one and stories of what he has done to you. Jeff I think you're are being more than gracious to offer to keep the guitar and receive $200 back. Very generous. I'm wondering why this little sh*t disturber is so pompous to think he is vindicated of all he's done just because you bought it used. Until it reached your hands, it was in his posession and therefore he had responsibility of it's condition prior to it reaching your hands. I'd consider it negligence to not pack the guitar properly, as well as a violation of your agreement. I don't know how the laws work down there but I took gr. 11 and 12 law and in Canada you would definately be able to drag this waste of space to court and gain restitution in an amount more than you're asking for.
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

oh boy, look at that list of 'viewers'! LOL

EDIT: sorry, didnt mean to get off the subject. I, as Im sure, many others have been following this whole situation from the get go.

Sorry to hear/see things didn't work out.
            Louis XIII!!!

Comment

I'm a member on the UG community forum. If Duskloser tries to post anything on there and I find out it's him, a link to this thrread will follow any of his posts.

I've now read up to this post. He talks about how you guys had a contract? A contract he broke many times.

- he shipped it late, didn't ship it rush to compensate for it being late.
              - didn't keep constant communication with you and stalled throughout the process.
              - Didn't ship it as AGREED in the "contract".
              - Isn't willing to offer any sympathy or restitution for it being broken after not packaging it properly, as any good trader would do.
              - Oh and I SERIOUSLY doubt shipping the guitar can cause heavy fret wear.

if anyone is a member of e-bay or any other trade/sell/buy site, make sure this thread is linked there. I'm about to post a link in UG.

He has been posted in the UG Community Forum (which I honestly have very little activity in, though I'm sure it's a great forum) saying that a SDUGF member known as Duskloose is a bad trader and a link to this thread.
              Last edited by Fender_Punk; 04-16-2007, 04:26 PM. Reason: updates
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Jeff...Sorry to hear about the outcome so far. Pathetic !!

You are being more than fair/understanding in every regard...be proud of that bro.

Dave
                Last edited by greco; 04-17-2007, 11:19 AM.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I got some lake front property in the desert. How much money you got?

Comment

This whole situation sucks man. Is there any way you can post pics of the damaged guitar. I want to see what this beast looks like now vs. the before pictures.
                  Guitars:
                  Agile AL 3000 (Custom/59 hybrid, stock neck)
                  Agile LP 2000 (A2Pro Set)
                  Fender JV Strat (Texas Hot bridge, Surfer N+M)

Amps:
                  5150, Bogner Shiva, JTM 45 Clone, Vox AD15VT

Cab: Avatar 4x12

Comment

is that middle pic of him on the ****ter or something, what a tool
                    Originally posted by ratherdashing
                    As long as Giada exists, there is no reason for Rachel Ray.
                    -05 Hamer USA Standard
                    -05 Gibson Sg Standard w/Blackouts
                    -07 Gibson Explorer Pro Mahogany
                    -Simon & Patrick CW Spruce
                    -Laney VC-100 2X12 Combo
                    -Tychobrahe wah>Maxon OD9 pro+>Carbon copy>GE-7, TU-2

Comment

This quote from his MySapce about me section is classic

I WILL be transferring to Southeast Tech in Red Wing MN this next spring to obtain my Luthier Degree*guitar building and repair*

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA.

If he applies to a major caompany we can show them his Luthier skills on the Dlonge Strat (especially if he applies to Fender). If he starts his own company, right off the bat he's lost 1, 2, 3 HOW MANY CUSTOMERS??

Comment

I noticed little emo boy was signed in on the forum today, maybe if he has a trace of testosterone in him, he can man up and offer some sort of explanation, although there's really nothing he can say to justify his sale practices. He's probably too busy taking cool rockstar pictures of himself in the bathroom anyways....
                          Originally posted by Mattt
                          If $10 gets me a pedal that sounds as sweet as my own farts... then i'm buying it!
                          Originally posted by ginormous
                          This beer is so cold, it did yo' mama and made your daddy watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno View Post
                            This whole situation sucks man. Is there any way you can post pics of the damaged guitar. I want to see what this beast looks like now vs. the before pictures.
                            I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

I went back and looked at the original pictures at the beginning of this post. He insists the post wasn't bent. If you look closely at the High e string peg, its turned so the key has its narrowest point towards the camera. Look at the post, its clearly bent. In the top photo of the entire guitar that key is also not in the picture. The key is broke and doesn't work at all so being bent is moot anyway.

. The crack thru the paint mark is on the bottom of the body which he didn't photograph.

The dents are small but still there. I specifically asked him about dents chips etc. You all read his reply.

The rusty pickguard screws are a cheap fix but how the hell did they get that rusty? Maybe he was playing the guitar while taking that dump photo? An errant spray from the toilet?

The only thing he was honest about was the worm mark on the headstock.

The frets are killer though. I hope I can get them to show up in the photos. I hope he's not going to study to be a luthier under the guy he claims recrowned the frets 4 months ago.

I can't wait to talk to his parents.

Comment

Can somsone give the cliff notes version?

Comment

Originally posted by stratomaster View Post
                                The frets are killer though. I hope I can get them to show up in the photos. I hope he's not going to study to be a luthier under the guy he claims recrowned the frets 4 months ago.
                                Come on Jeff, it all makes perfect sense, 4 months ago he had the good fretwire taken off and had the neck recrowned with old crappy fretwire. That's why it's so worn in, after only 4 months!

Now that I think of it, I think my Strat might be due for a refret soon
                                But then again I've had my Strat since July 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X