This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FS/T Fender Tom Delonge Strat 500$

Clearly Dusklose doesn't have any respect for trades and transactions, it's now also clear he has no respect for guitars!

That's such a rip. I don't evenreally know what the best course of action would be? Send it back and get your money back? Keep it but call the police, and get them involved in this (as he was dis-honest in his trade, and didn't hold up to the agreed terms)? Take him on Judge Judy, lol?

Either way, I'm no longer voting for him to be put in bad trader, I think he should be banned from this forum. He clearly has not shown the respect which the vast majority of the members here have. He doesn't seem to value other forum members, their integrity and their hard earned scratch. His actions are proof of this.

Jeff, I really feel for you, hopefully it's only dead from a cold solder. The neck, well, what ashame to treat such a guitar such a way. I may play my guitars hard, But I don't go smashing the neck off cabs. Can't say I'm surprised that there was something wrong with it.
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

sue the P.O.S. under the law a person under 18 cannot enter into a contract
      Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Dustin Klose in Whapeton, North Dakota:

His MySpace:
        http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=4031166

His MSN Spaces:
        http://dustklose.spaces.live.com/def...x?_c02_owner=1

Recieved a North Dakota State College of Science Scholarship of $1000 in Marketing and Communications:
        http://www.ndscs.nodak.edu/News/news...olarships.html

Message Board Profiles:
        - http://www.thetabworld.com/displayuser.jsp?id=35601
        - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/home/....php?dustklose

Currently Selling on Craigslist:
        - http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/306684207.html
        - http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/306681141.html

If I were you, I'd get someone to contact him through a craigslist ad and see if you can get a guaranteed address/phone number out of that. Then see if you can get ahold of the parents. You could also call his elementary school in ND (it's on his myspace page) and say that you're doing a project to see how North Dakota students fare in college, and try to get a phone number/address of his parents out of the school.
        Last edited by GuitarStv; 04-16-2007, 02:32 PM.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
          sue the P.O.S. under the law a person under 18 cannot enter into a contract
          +1

Originally posted by FenderFan79 View Post
          I also like how he said "That's the risk you run when buying used gear."
          I think he's running a bit of risk himself.
          +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            Dustin Klose in Whapeton, North Dakota:

His MySpace:
            http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=4031166

His MSN Spaces:
            http://dustklose.spaces.live.com/def...x?_c02_owner=1

Recieved a North Dakota State College of Science Scholarship of $1000 in Marketing and Communications:
            http://www.ndscs.nodak.edu/News/news...olarships.html

Message Board Profiles:
            - http://www.thetabworld.com/displayuser.jsp?id=35601
            - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/home/....php?dustklose

Currently Selling on Craigslist:
            - http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/306684207.html
            - http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/306681141.html

If I were you, I'd get someone to contact him through a craigslist ad and see if you can get a guaranteed address/phone number out of that. Then see if you can get ahold of the parents. You could also call his elementary school in ND (it's on his myspace page) and say that you're doing a project to see how North Dakota students fare in college, and try to get a phone number/address of his parents out of the school.
            Well done Magnum PI, I knew there was a good reason why you wear a baseball cap!
            I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
            MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
            Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
            MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
            Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
            Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
            K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. Here's whats been going on.

Email1 Me
              You are a total JERK. I can't believe you advertised this piece of **** as being "played very little" Thats because its unplayable. You packed it like ****, no packaging. You said you'd pack it like I asked. I'm so mad right now. The tuning peg is bent. I don't even want the thing. I want my money back. You better contact me ASAP!

Email 2 Me
              I hope you don't seriously think you're going to get away with this. You better contact me via email and arrange to take this piece of junk back immediately. I will do everything in my power to see to it that you pay me back. This guitar is worth $200.00 not $450.00. I will get my money back one way or another.

Email3 From Dustin
              the price was set, the pictures were taken, we had an agreement of a 450.00 payment. this is the risk you run when you buy used gear. At the time of shipment every aspect of this guitar worked just fine from the output jack to the tuning pegs. i played this guitar 5 minutes prior to getting it shpped out and it played just as well as the first day it was bought.

Email 4 Me
              You're a liar! I want my money back or I will call the Postal inspectors. We've got the posts on the Duncan forum where you say its barely played. You also didn't pack it as I asked and you agreed upon.

I didn't know you were a pro conman. Now I know what I'm dealing with. But you will lose.

Comment

Email5 Dustin
                i'm 18...pro conman i have good trades and sales on ebay, duncan, and other guitar/bass/drum forums. Believe me if i was to become a conman it would be on something more expensive than a strat...i'm going to recheck the our posts cuz i dont recall ever saying it was unplayed, i mentioned the few blemishes that were on this guitar at the time of shipment. I packed it the best i could with what i had available to me

Email 6 Me
                Please do check the posts. And the emails where you agreed to pack it as I asked. Its all there. There is allot of activity on the Duncan site about this.

"up for sale I have a used Tom Delonge Fender Strat, in one of the most sought after colors...surf green. The guitar has been played very little. There are a few scratchs but hard to be seen unless looking for them"

Here's your quote, you failed to mention a bent tuning peg, 5 dents in the fron of the guitar, a crack in the bottom, Frets that are so worn they need a fret job, Rusty pickguard screws, and the fact that IT DOESS"T PLAY" The pickups dead!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah check the message board, your about to grow up real fast.

Email Dustin
                there was NO crack in it in the pictures or when i shipped it out. Look again at the pics, there is NO bent tuning begs, again check the pictures for everything, you can see the pickguard screws, you can see everything just fine there, the frets were just recrowned about 4 months ago, i've never had a problem with them. and the pickup also worked, as i said i cleaned her up a lil bit and played it for about 5 minutes before shipping to ensure everything worked just fine

Email Me
                Again, all lies. You didn't take a picture of the guitar where its cracked. The tuning peg is bent. I believe you knew it was bent. When you sent it but you didn't package it like I requested and like you agreed to. You put it in a gigbag and then in a box with a couple garbage bags thrown in? You agreed to pack it as I asked. I have the emails, it was to be wrapped in bubble wrap, put in the gigbag, then a box with packing peanuts.
                The one about the frets being recrowned 4 months ago is a good one. They are so heavily worn its hard to believe the its not a vintage guitar . The neck looks like you rubbed grease on it but you claim you cleaned it up.
                Obviously your going to stick to your lies so I will have to take the necessary steps to get this situation rectified. You know as well as I do that this is a heavily played, heavily worn guitar that is no where near worth $450.00 You also know that you lied in your ad on The Duncan forum. This is not over, it is merely beginning.

Comment

Email Me
                  You can pay me back the money you fraudulantly accepted in full and I will return the guitar packaged properly. The guitar needs fretwork, body work, I'm not sure why its dead but I won't pull it apart as it needs to remain in the condition I recieved it for now. It is worth maybe $250.00 not $450. I'm sure you already spent my money. You can paypal me the money back in full or I will accept $200.00 back and keep this and have the work done that it needs.
                  These are the only conditions I will accept. I don't even want the guitar as I bought because in your words "The guitar has been played very little. There are a few scratchs but hard to be seen unless looking for them" In order to resolve this I'd take some money back and have it fixed.
                  I also think it would be in your best interest that your parents are made away of this situation so that they may be able to influence you to not mislead people in order to benefit yourself . I will be sure they are made away of this situation.
                  If you decide to etiher refund my moeny in full or part I will give you my paypal account. if not you leave me no choice but to pursue other means to recieve restitution.

Email Me
                  I forgot to ad, I've got the whole Seymour Duncan community behind. We are a tight bunch of musicians who don't take kindly to having a forum bro ripped off. If you don't give me satisfation you will never trade there or any other forum on the internet. We know all the forums and are members of every music forum and community out there. Its easy for 1000's of guys to get the word out about 1 individual.
                  Just want to let you know. You said you're only 18. Well welcome to adulthood son!

Email Dustin
                  well i'm still ocnfused on how exactly i lied to you on anything, i just relooked at all the pictured on Duncan, and i dont see how you can go off saying i lied about the condition, i just carefully looked over the picture of the headstock and again i dont see a bent tuning peg, which peg is it?? also i cleaned it with the Dunlop Formula 65, if you would like i could take a picture of the cleaning kit for you, pick a spot in my house that you want the picture taken and i'll do it... i have a clean conscience here because i know i have not sold you an unworking guitar. The guitar was bought a few years back when fender made them still, i'm not seeing anywhere how i'm lying to you, the pictures show the guitar. you seen the guitar and through duncan we have a contract that you bought it.

Email Dustin
                  i've been elscomed enough into the adult world...but thanks anyways. Again, as i've said i have a good track record on many other websites, and you can just as well try n ruin me, i have no problem with that anyways. I'm content with the way things are so if a "whole community" would like to ruin me, be my guest.

Email Me

You can pay me back the money you fraudulantly accepted in full and I will return the guitar packaged properly. The guitar needs fretwork, body work, I'm not sure why its dead but I won't pull it apart as it needs to remain in the condition I recieved it for now. It is worth maybe $250.00 not $450. I'm sure you already spent my money. You can paypal me the money back in full or I will accept $200.00 back and keep this and have the work done that it needs.
                  These are the only conditions I will accept. I don't even want the guitar as I bought because in your words "The guitar has been played very little. There are a few scratchs but hard to be seen unless looking for them" In order to resolve this I'd take some money back and have it fixed.
                  I also think it would be in your best interest that your parents are made away of this situation so that they may be able to influence you to not mislead people in order to benefit yourself . I will be sure they are made away of this situation.
                  If you decide to etiher refund my moeny in full or part I will give you my paypal account. if not you leave me no choice but to pursue other means to recieve restitution.

Again I want to thank all the members for their support. I feel like I owe it to you guys to let you all see this to the end.

I will contact his parents, for sure. I'll flood his postal mailbox until they have to see the letter. This kid needs to be put on the right track now before he moves on to bigger and better cons.

Comment

BTW Nice detective work Steve, much appreciated.

Comment

Last email from him.

As i said a lil while earlier, we had entered a contract, and i am in no way liable for returnging this guitar. I showed you pictures and you had the chance to view exactly what you were buying. sorry

Comment

[QUOTE=stratomaster;1332357 sorry[/QUOTE]

now there's a first! don't think he means it though
                        I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
                        MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
                        Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
                        MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
                        Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
                        Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
                        K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

File a lawsuit in small claims court, make him cart his ass half-way across the country.

Even if you have no standing it would be funny.

Comment

I added him to my "favorites" on myspace, sent him a "friendly" message, he'll prolly block me on there, but it was fun....
                            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac View Post
                              I added him to my "favorites" on myspace, sent him a "friendly" message, he'll prolly block me on there, but it was fun....
                              I think he already has
                              Marshall JVM 410C
                              Mesa Boogie DC-3
                              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

GuitarStv pointed out he has gear for sale on Craigslist. I wonder why he didn't put the Delonge on there? Oh thats right, its a broken down piece o crap, wouldn't want anyone to actually see it in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X