This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Trader Alert

If you've been ripped off or misled in a trade, post it here!
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

BentChristian was to trade me a strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12. He received the Demon and I got nothing and no response to emails. He has not posted on the old forum since Feb. 7th.

I guess his forum handle was appropriate.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
    Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
    Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
    Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by slightly_rude
      BentChristian was to trade me a strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12. He received the Demon and I got nothing and no response to emails. He has not posted on the old forum since Feb. 7th.

I guess his forum handle was appropriate.
      Oh now that sucks! Real sorry to hear this!

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I received his end of the trade on March 18th and there were parts missing. No explaination other than he had some problems lately. Only took five weeks to ship something less than 100 miles away.
        Better late than never I guess.
        Last edited by slightly_rude; 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
        Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
        Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
        Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

That's really bad that he basically poop on the trust you showed to him.

There are bad people out there.
          "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

i dont know if he is on the forum anymore or not but the former FATSTRATMAN got me bad

i traded my US fender lead III guitar for his yamaha bass and some strat body's and necks

when the bass got here i discovered that it had been through a fire prier to the trade and was in piss poor condition. he niglected to tell me this.

the body's? they were junk. the necks?. even worse. one was a defretted "austin" neck and a half-way defretted squier neck with the squier sanded off

i tried contacting after trade and got no answer beside that he loved the lead.

like i said i believe hes off the board now though due to ripping off other traders as well

Comment

Originally posted by McLaughysSN
              i dont know if he is on the forum anymore or not but the former FATSTRATMAN got me bad

i traded my US fender lead III guitar for his yamaha bass and some strat body's and necks

when the bass got here i discovered that it had been through a fire prier to the trade and was in piss poor condition. he niglected to tell me this.

the body's? they were junk. the necks?. even worse. one was a defretted "austin" neck and a half-way defretted squier neck with the squier sanded off

i tried contacting after trade and got no answer beside that he loved the lead.

like i said i believe hes off the board now though due to ripping off other traders as well
              He tried to get me once for one of his 'strat' necks and 'strat' bodies. Glad I avoided. He just seemed a little too eader.
              st.

Comment

I believe FATSTRATMAN is now beandip...

Comment

yeah, I was fatstratman on the old forum. I tried to clear my name but no one payed any attention. If Mclaugty thinks I ripped him, Im sorry. But I know I didnt. I described the bass in detail, and told him the reason I had it is because the previous owner had a house fire, and thought it was usless after he stripped it and poured poly all over it. I also told him that the necks were defreted. I have the yahoo messages to prove it. And if anyone dosnt want to trade with me, thats fine. And, if Im banned, I understand. I guess I'll just come here as a guest and read the posts.
                  This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

i distinctly remember nothing said about the bass being put through a fire. i was told the bass was "refinished in natural". now this was my fault in not stopping the transaction at that point but i was saggered and the pics were taken in a way that it showed no damage to the pickups at all

had i received pictures like the following (taken by me) from dustin (beandip, fatstratman) i would have backed out

but the pictures i received showed barely any flaws. dustin is a good guy but im still a little angered at the transaction

Comment

Re: Bad Trader Alert

i was a fairly new member at the time of the transaction (maybe about 20 posts tops) so it might have been posted prior to the transaction.

like i said, the trade happened. i got the low end. im just telling what happened and warning people to get all details in trades.

Comment

I have had an ongoing problem with Dalastecaffeine, as I bought a set of Carvin pickups from him and I specifically asked beforehand if they came with screws and springs (as I ask that with any pickup purchase online), he said yes. I get them and no screws /springs. He keeps telling me he is sending them out, and said last week he sent them out (and this is a transaction that has taken place over 2 months ago... ).

Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. Steer clear unless you are willing to be very patient, and even then you are taking a gamble whether you will get what you paid for. I think I have been very patient with him. So much for patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
                          I have had an ongoing problem with Dalastecaffeine, as I bought a set of Carvin pickups from him and I specifically asked beforehand if they came with screws and springs (as I ask that with any pickup purchase online), he said yes. I get them and no screws /springs. He keeps telling me he is sending them out, and said last week he sent them out (and this is a transaction that has taken place over 2 months ago... ).

Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. Steer clear unless you are willing to be very patient, and even then you are taking a gamble whether you will get what you paid for. I think I have been very patient with him. So much for patience.
                          He told me, in so many words, that he was going to off himself...

Comment

Did you have a trade with him or were ya being sarcastic lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
                              Did you have a trade with him or were ya being sarcastic lol.
                              He wanted to buy my Super Distortion...

Comment

Working...
                              X