X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Pickups for Sale: P-90, Pegasus, Stag Mag, MJ Wound A2Pro

looking go get rid of the following pickups:

Vintage P-90 Bridge Model - $55 Shipped
    this was in the neck of my telecaster for over a decade, and always served me well. once i converted that guitar to a bass vi, i ended up overhauling the pickups, so now this one is seeing no use (i have no other p-90 guitars).

more than enough lead, especially if you are putting it in a bridge position.

Pegasus Humbucker - $65 Shipped
    used this for a specific project that is no longer happening, so i took it out of that guitar. tried it in my bass vi, but it just wasn't what i wanted. to my ears, its a fairly neutral-sounding pickup, but with loads of clarity & definition. i think its very specific in its usage, but excels in the appropriate setting.

4-conductor with plenty of lead (i don't think i trimmed this down at all). comes with the original box / packaging.

Stag Mag - $60 Shipped
    i bought this for my bass vi project, but it just wasn't the right fit. haven't tried it in anything else, but honestly, i have too many pickups right now, and all of my guitars are currently satisfied. no need to let this collect dust any longer when someone else could be using it.

4-conducter with plenty of lead. has a wide-range-style cover (3 holes per bobbin) that i can remove if you'd like. includes original box / packaging.

Alnico 2 Pro Humbucker - $65 Shipped
    80s model (not sure of specific year) wound by MJ. i've had this for years, its been through a few guitars, and it has sounded great in all of them. the only problem i realized recently, is that i really don't care for the specific sound of a2pros (had a neck model as well) anymore.

this isn't in the greatest shape: original fabric tape is long gone and has been replaced by electrical tape that is losing some of its adhesion (i can remove or replace this upon request). one of the bobbins is higher than the other, but its probably an out of place spacer or something (i can look into this).

single conductor with only a couple inches of lead. i soldered on a couple wire extensions that can be removed upon request.

if you have questions about any of these pickups, or need better pictures, please let me know.

Re: Duncan Pickups for Sale: P-90, Pegasus, Stag Mag, MJ Wound A2Pro

Black Stag Mag under the cover? How did the cover fit, did you have to push in the polepieces?
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

honestly, i don't know the answer to either question. i bought it from someone on this forum with the cover already in place. lemme dig through some threads & PMs to see if i can find more info for you.

Comment

unfortunately i cannot find the original thread or message with information on the pickup. if you'd like, i can crack off the cover to check the bobbins.

Comment

Is the Alnico II Pro a neck or bridge pickup? (Is there a difference?)
          I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

its a bridge model.

Comment

p90 is gone but the humbuckers are still available.

Comment

is that e-tape on the A2Pro?

how long is the original lead wire?

Comment

yes, it is electrical tape. it has about 2.5 inches of lead.

Comment

PM sent on the Pegasus pickup
                    joyouswolf on eBay for references.
                    Over 1000 all positive feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X