wanted washburn a20 electric guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted washburn a20 electric guitar

ive been looking for a washburn a20 electric reissue this it s a 1996 its the one that doesnt have a v shape neck,dont like them.

I assume you've been looking on Squeebay & Treeverb?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	6228113 Never seen a A guitar with a V neck. Owned this one for a while 1996 A30 Artist it was a USA Chicago Custom guitar. Less than 75 were built.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I always wondered what would happen if I held an Explorer too close to a flame...apparently it melts!

Comment

Nope. Washed in hot water and run through the dryer on high heat. It's shrunk a bit.

I had a black A20 in the 80's that I ended up swapping all the electronics and hardware out for something else. I could never get a fat sound out of it, not even the neck pickup. It was bright all the time, and a bit harsh. Put it back stock after a year, and sold it.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
              Nope. Washed in hot water and run through the dryer on high heat. It's shrunk a bit.

I had a black A20 in the 80's that I ended up swapping all the electronics and hardware out for something else. I could never get a fat sound out of it, not even the neck pickup. It was bright all the time, and a bit harsh. Put it back stock after a year, and sold it.
              That US Washburn Chicago Custom A 30 I had was an absolute tone monster. Would absolutely bury any Gibson Explorer or real US Hamer standard I have ever heard or played. Had a factory JB and 59 and it was just amazing. The only reason I sold it was it was a little heavy ( Just under 10lbs) and also the way it hung on a strap killed my back. After I was Diagnosed with AS ( the same nasty thing Mick Mars has) I knew I could not continue to play it on stage and just needed to let it go.
              Workmanship fit finish tone play abilty every thing about that guitar was jaw dropping. It's one guitar I really miss.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I bought an all black A-10 in 1980 that had the V neck. I liked it but moved to an LP.
                I put a Schaller Hot Stuff in the bridge position and changed the wiring to vol,vol,master tone and a split switch.
                I sold it in '88 to buy tools when I got my first space in a guitar shop.
                And regretted it for the next 35 years.....
                In January,I found a mint sunburst '80 A-10. Didn't have to think about it,bought it on the spot.
                Stage Series and Wing Series Washburn are killer guitars!

Comment

I'm bumping this to put it where others can see it it since Brentrocks has covered the front page with his crap, and by bumping his threads as sold.

Comment

Working...
                  X