WTB 1980 59 PU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 1980 59 PU

Looking for a set of 59 humbuckers from 79-80.Chrome covers with white blue letters oval Seymourized stickers.

Welcome to the forum!

I am interested on what you have planned for something so specific.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you want something THAT specific, you may be out of luck, but at least you're asking in the right place.

Chrome covers were relatively rare in that generation. Most guys were pulling the covers off their pickups at that time or ordering aftermarket pickups without covers.

Also, when you see a "Seymourized" sticker, it's usually a rewind, which SD did a lot early on.

Here's a guy overseas that has both the neck and bridge from that exact era, complete with the "Seymourized" stickers you're looking for, but they're uncovered and they aren't cheap!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and replies I have a Burny lp that had these as original and would like to return it to original.I have seen these for sale,but covers are gone on a lot of them.

Comment

as mentioned, covers will be rare but im sure someone has a set if youre willing to pay enough. not sure it would be worth it to me, but ymmv

Comment

Maybe Seymour did a special run for Burny at that time and put on these stickers. I have seen the J.M. Rolph did similar for Tokai on their highest tier models in the 90ies.
            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

rolphs in a tokai? thats pretty sweet. the pups are probably worth more than the guitar

Comment

Unless you are planning on selling it, you'd probably have the best luck calling the custom shop. They could give you a reproduction of a 59 made in 1980 and then degauss the magnet to simulate 45 years of age. Even if you did find an actual pair of 1980 59s with a chrome cover, it's not going to be original, so I for one wouldn't be bother by using a set of reproductions
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  Unless you are planning on selling it, you'd probably have the best luck calling the custom shop. They could give you a reproduction of a 59 made in 1980 and then degauss the magnet to simulate 45 years of age. Even if you did find an actual pair of 1980 59s with a chrome cover, it's not going to be original, so I for one wouldn't be bother by using a set of reproductions
                  This would probably be cheaper, too.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

59 Antiquity's would be pretty cool not gonna lie
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Heck, might be worth asking the Custom Shop if they happen to have some of those old "Seymourized" decals laying around somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                      X