User Group Day - Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

The Doctor sharing his Gibson Nighthawk was pretty cool too! He was the first one we met on arrival and he was super nice..dont know what his name is on the forum but thanks for sharing!

Comment

That guitar was cool!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah that Nighthawk was sweeeet

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          I can only think of one thing that would have made this User Group Day so much better...............ME!!!!!!
          I agree!

Looks like just as much fun as the last one... and I can't believe Kat Dyson played again! That woman singlehandedly changed my opinion of blues-rock that night.

It's been said a million times, but what a great company!

Comment

Just have a few minutes to leave this post so it will be short, but sweet. The UGD event was fantastic. I met many members, and I wish I could remember all their names. I'd like to say thanks to all the User Group members who shared their stories, and their talents over the two days (they are grand gifts indeed). They say that a company is made up of people. But it's the PEOPLE that make a company. Thanks to all the PEOPLE that make Seymour Duncan a GREAT company! The short list: Seymour, Cathy, Paul, Evan, MJ, Kevin, Joe, Frank, Wayne, Dewi, Kellie, Alex, Scott, and maybe 10-20 more I can't think of right now.
            The JAM was really fun. I was honored to be the 1st User Group member to get up and perform Friday night with Seymour's band, singing Stormy Monday Blues (a classic T-Bone Walker tune). As stated by many User Group members, the band was HOT for the jam. Thanks to all the band members: Seymour, Evan, Donna, and Jill...Great Job! I was also, very lucky to be asked to play bass on a few Sabbath tunes, A Hendrix tune, and to play bass with Kat and the band on the Z.Z. Top tune, TUSH. But the one thing that was a real rush was playing drums on, Breaking the Law with some fine guitar work by User Group members.
            Again, I can't say enough good things about a company of "good things" and GREAT people, looking after all of us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
            Robert
            Left Hand Life

Comment

You played drums on Breaking the Law? I did not know that. Which is surprising because I was playing that Bogner Joe brought (Joes Bogner + Custom = )

Left Hand Life for MVP!!!!!! Bro - you threw down on EVERYTHING! And that Tush Jam with Ronnie & Kat, HEAVY!

It was great meeting you man!

Comment

Here's a few of the photos I took of the SD UGD event:

Aceman + Infrared72.
                Last edited by infrared72; 08-30-2011, 09:05 PM.
                Peter
                diopter.bandcamp.com
                www.soundcloud.com/diopter

Comment

Nice shots!

Comment

Did anyone write down the set list from the jam?
                    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                      Did anyone write down the set list from the jam?
                      I have a substantial chunk of it, and can mostly tell you who played what.

There is the Seymour set that I was too mesmerized by seymour to tell everything they played, and the later part, where who knows what got played - but it was rockin!

It was 2 1/2 solid playing though....

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        There is the Seymour set that I was too mesmerized by seymour to tell everything they played
                        The Seymour Set was:

1) Shuffle in C (Instr)
                        2) Stormy Monday
                        3) G-Z Blues (Instr)
                        4) Copperhead Road
                        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                        Sales and marketing reps for D'Addario, Musopia, Reunion Blues, Q-Parts, and Nukleus Pickups.

Comment

just saw steve earle and the dukes (and duchesses) do a killer version of copperhead road

Comment

Shuffle in C - How did i miss that?!?!?

Comment

No way, you played Copperhead Road? I ****ing love that song. Please tell me there's video...
                              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

There was a guy working vid on a lot of things...stay tuned. The whole day is on vid actually. Can't wait to see it!

Comment

Working...
                                X