Desolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desolation

Well cool it people, I only asked for...like or don't like!
    I have played all kinds of strange music, been through alot of weird stuff and basicly kept to my own style through it all, now all this is pure fun for me.
    I just love music, I have a wide taste and like what most people play, mostly because there is something told in notes that cannot be said in any other way.
    Music is a unique thing.
    And now this has turned way to serious for my taste.....

Comment

Haha bugger me eh?
      Well I post, and basicly just wanna know if people like it and enjoy hearing it.
      But to comment on playingskills and so on is kinda difficult, because with these clips I just play what I feel for the musicpiece at that given moment.
      It could change in a few days for me, and I would play something entirely different then.
      I play the way I play, not much or nothing will change that now, I have my own way of playing...hehe but I see your point.
      But I find it difficult to say what I like and what I do not like, I tend to take most for what it is at that given time, some play in a strained way when they record themselves, others basicly do not care and just play naturally.
      Live playing is where you see if it works.
      But clips can give a good look at some things, but never the whole picture.
      If you want me to play a musiccritique...hehe forget it, I either like it or don't, I do not analyse others playing, I just listen for music.
      So when I say nice, it is nice and enjoyable to me.
      You can almost always hear what you need to work on, personally I got the basic tools, lots of inspiration, lots of just listening to music, and even more dreadful practise chores....sigh man it takes time to get up to something you can stand to listen to yourself.
      If you enjoy your own playing, you are probally going somewhere then.
      But that is the good thing about guitar and music, you always has something to work on.

Comment

By the way!
        Thanks Sly.
        Before this poor thread derails completely!!

Comment

Well, this is the honest truth... I decided to abide by Lee's rule. I think he's right in a sense, although I don't think we should give the impression that we judge the playing capabilities of others. Playing well or not is more a matter of practice than anything else. And some have more time than others.

I'll try to find the guts to post a very emotional piece of mine this week... the roots of this piece goes back so far into my soul that I'm afraid to post it. I'm never that serious about music, but this time, it's true.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
          Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

DSL is back and I took a listen. Very nice piece. At times it reminded me of "Big Log" from Robert Plant which is a tune I really like. Did you write and arrange everything yourself? Nice work. I dug it.
            MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Thanks RGN, nah the backtrack I borrowed, threw in a few tracks of guitars, and had a nice Pink Floydish tune to me

Comment

Working...
              X