Mark IV / Palmer clips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mark IV / Palmer clips!

Jeff's the one that introduced me to Zorran's stuff...and is wholly responsible for my now having a palmer PDI-09 and Mesa/Boogie Mark IV.

Ya hear that Jeff? $1200 down the drain buddy! I hate you.

But, yeah...zorran's tracks with the palmer sound freaking amazing. I'm hoping that one day I can get somewhere close to that with my stuff .

It'll take some time...but now with the PDI-09 I'm pretty sure that I have the tools so the gat section is covered pretty well.

I've still gotta practice programming drums a bit more, as well as figure out a way to record bass. Oh joy.

Comment

did you listen to the other guy's stuff?
      Guitars:
      Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
      Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
      AMT SS-11B

Comment

I really dig the tone on this ... makes me really want a Mark IV. I've heard quite a few great tones out of IV's.

Comment

Zorrans stuff has the guitar bus sent to 2-3 verbs, and then some URS A-series EQ on the post side. Bit of Waves Q4, IIRC, as well.

But yeah, Zorran's best work isn't even on that soundclick.

Originally posted by emilio View Post
          not in your face enough?! tweak it!. it can sound like this:

or this:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12684 (chock out nitro battery)
          Zorran's is what I was referencing to as the rest of the stuff I've heard that's not very 'in your face.' I'll post some stuff with impulses later so you can know where I'm coming from.

The second link wasn't with a Palmer, so it's not really what I was talking about...
          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Working...
          X