Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My take at Rid's backing

Originally posted by the_Chris
    OMG! Wow, Dim7... you are an awesome guitarist. Not one bad note and it flows. Great build up and flawless execution. I love your style!
    I'm with him...simply put, dude, you rock.

A little fluff here and there, but nothing that the other 3 minutes can't make up for. Great work. +1 fan.

Comment

Dudu my man - I told you u did an exellent work on that tune!
      You'll reach the stars dude!

great phrase on 1:46

see u soon!

ohh.. by the way dude's - I'm new here -
      Omri Subery, Israel - nice to meet u all - you all seem like great guys !.

currntly my rig consist -
      ADA MP-1 preamp (amazing!)
      Laney V30 Amp
      Boss DD-6
      GCB-95 Wah

IBANEZ Jem7VWH
      FENDER Stratocaster Deluxe usa

coming soon-
      Digitech Quad 4
      FC-200 Midi Controller

Comment

BROOOOOOOOOOO

wait till this guy posts here, he kicks my ass
        Guitars:
        -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
        -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
        -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
        - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
        - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
        SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

might be so.

i think its just the fact that we have less gear and therefore spend more time actually playing
          Guitars:
          -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)

Amps:

Comment

it was a theory of mine at first. but it kept proving itself over and over.
            this certainly doesnt apply to everyone. but it does sometimes and it annoys me a great deal.
            Guitars:

Amps:

Comment

OMFG, you STILL amaze me! I thought that was excellent, it even sounded like Dio in some parts. My guitar teacher HATES shredders, but I think he would love you because your chops are soo musical. Something he does is, makes me improvise stuff and I have to tell him what sucked about it. At first it's really sort of depressing, hehe, but then after a while, you get used to criticizing your own works and they get better and better.

I remember when DSS was fairly new to the forum and I decided to scare him with the sheer skill of SD forum dudes, so I sent him a clip of your old Symphony X stuff and needless to say, DSS was quite amazed!

I thought you hated Ibanez guitars? Remember when everyone got on my case waaaaaay back when I sold my Gibson LP Custom for a Prestige Ibanez RG? Nice to see you're sporting DiMarzio's too!

You've kicked my ass in the past, and you're still kicking my ass in the present. Keep kicking ass!

Oh by the way, remember that BiZarro Kelly Shredder guy I told you about a long time ago that lives around here? Well, he can exactly imitate the style of Jimmy Page and Joe Perry now!!! The crazy thing is he get's a brand new rig everytime I see him play
              Watch My Videos
              Photography
              www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
              "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Originally posted by Biu
                OMFG, you STILL amaze me! I thought that was excellent, it even sounded like Dio in some parts. My guitar teacher HATES shredders, but I think he would love you because your chops are soo musical. Something he does is, makes me improvise stuff and I have to tell him what sucked about it. At first it's really sort of depressing, hehe, but then after a while, you get used to criticizing your own works and they get better and better.

I remember when DSS was fairly new to the forum and I decided to scare him with the sheer skill of SD forum dudes, so I sent him a clip of your old Symphony X stuff and needless to say, DSS was quite amazed!

I thought you hated Ibanez guitars? Remember when everyone got on my case waaaaaay back when I sold my Gibson LP Custom for a Prestige Ibanez RG? Nice to see you're sporting DiMarzio's too!

You've kicked my ass in the past, and you're still kicking my ass in the present. Keep kicking ass!

Oh by the way, remember that BiZarro Kelly Shredder guy I told you about a long time ago that lives around here? Well, he can exactly imitate the style of Jimmy Page and Joe Perry now!!! The crazy thing is he get's a brand new rig everytime I see him play
                hey biu! good to hear from you again
                you're guitar teacher seems to know his ****, its an excellent tactic in getting better!
                who's DSS? those Symphony X covers were waaay bad
                i still pretty much hate Ibanez guitars... the one i have now is the only one i liked, and i liked her so much that i bought her 30 minutes after i played her.
                about you selling the LP... everyone digs their own things and have special tastes, atleast you were man enough to say you liked Ibanez more than Gibson. i dont think there's anything wrong with it.
                i for one dont dig Gibson's, and you shouldnt give a crap about what other people say.
                i'm partial to DiMarzio's, i like a few of their pickups but then again, dont like the rest. the beautiful thing about them is that they have such a wide line sporting such unique voicings.. you gotta respect that.

i remember you telling me about that guy, seems like he could realy rip man! is there anyway i could check him out? sounding even similar to Page is hard.
                Guitars:

Amps:

Comment

DSS is DeadSkinSlayer.

Yeah, I'm a STRONG believer in the Ibanez+DiMarzio combos. I don't go around preaching it though because some of the guitar players I've seen here (my age) are all partial to Epi or Gibson SG's with stock pups and I see them going around telling everybody that's the best there is Kinda leaves me singled-out tone-wise which I think is actually a good thing. Well, the point is, I didn't like being told I was making a big mistake by selling my LP and I'm not gonna do that to others.

ANYWAY, once school starts up again, I'll try to find that Bizarro guy (can't find him too often, he's kind of a weirdo) and see if he has any recordings. I know his last rig was US Strat into some Laney tube combo, but who knows what it is now He's a pretty amazing guitarist, but he's struggling to find a band, which is hard to believe.

Got any tips for me? I'm still trying to learn the ways of maximum shreddage
                  Watch My Videos
                  Photography

Comment

cool man.
                    tips? play alot hahaha
                    Guitars:

Amps:

Comment

Originally posted by DiminisheD-7th
                      cool man.
                      tips? play alot hahaha
                      Haha, will do!

You're gonna be big someday, dude, I can feel it. You have too much talent!

Don't you have a band? I remember you saying something about that a while ago.
                      Watch My Videos
                      Photography

Comment

i jam around with alot of guitarists but i have no "casual" band right now.
                        i want to play the music styles i like and there arent alot of people my age that can play that.
                        so im looking around for players.
                        i could find a band easy, but im not going to play blink182 or metallica
                        Guitars:

Amps:

Comment

Working...
                        X