No announcement yet.

"No Good Reason", more upbeat song up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Good Reason", more upbeat song up!

Up for your listening displeasure is a mix of a more upbeat number, "No Good Reason"

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-20-2009, 11:56 AM.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Re: "No Good Reason", more upbeat song up!

That's a good vocal melody and I like your voice, good for radio. Nice tune.

My 2 cents like it or not. The drums are killing it again - simple solid beats would help. I would get the bass and the drums to drive the tune and then mix the guitar back a bit.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
      That's a good vocal melody and I like your voice, good for radio. Nice tune.

My 2 cents like it or not. The drums are killing it again - simple solid beats would help. I would get the bass and the drums to drive the tune and then mix the guitar back a bit.
      Thanks

I hate drums! My problem is not listening to enough drummers; I don't even have an idea of what to put as a backing. I'm trying to figure out where I can create a simple beat without making every song sound the same as the previous one. I only have one cymbal and one ride too, so I can't even mix in that many different sounds into the equation.

This is a rough mix, so I haven't even heard it in the car, but I think you've got a good idea - I'll mix back the guitars and bring the bass and drums out more. I guess it's true, you tend to bring the instrument you play the most to the front of the mix. Thanks for the insight!
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

Are you playing the drums or programming them?
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Are you playing the drums or programming them?
          Little bit of A, little bit of B. I play a Roland TD-12, send out the MIDI info and use Steven Slate 3.5 for the sampling of it. I've edited the MIDI stuff to a certain degree (for the hits that are off the downbeats for instance).

Comment

There must be some drum charts for simple patterns that you could get and try some until you get one that's a good fit. I'm pretty sure you're not a drummer first.

I use to sketch in the drums then hire someone to play them for the final, that's another option. There are drum services online too.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

There must be some drum charts for simple patterns that you could get and try some until you get one that's a good fit. I'm pretty sure you're not a drummer first.

I use to sketch in the drums then hire someone to play them for the final, that's another option. There are drum services online too.
              Good ideas, thanks!

Comment

You could put up a request for drums on this forum or another.

I put this song up a while ago, with the text "If you want to make me a drum track, post up and maybe I can help you out with something too."

Thread here

Well, Forum bro "Vetteboy" played drums for it, mixed it all down again, and posted this.

HOLY CRAP!

I was very grateful, and it sounds great.

-Hunter
                my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Here is a midi drum site: http://www.groovemonkee.com/home/
                  Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                  Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Once again, I love it! You do have an awesome voice dude lol. Love to have you in my band.. I'd even turn the vocals up or the drums down a bit. Just from what I hear..

We also put up a song lastnight. Check er' out if you have time.
                    myspace.com/marionhighh
                    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/shakemaker

My life:
                    www.myspace.com/marionhighh

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
                      Thanks

I hate drums! My problem is not listening to enough drummers; .....
                      Try listening to more Who. Keith Moon was one of the best.
                      "And I don't want this guy taking you to some sketchy quarry in the middle of Newark to find crack whores huffing turpentine or pit bulls raping each other or whatever else is down here!" - Zach Braff
                      http://www.soundclick.com/VekSeleneandGroundTruth

Comment

I agree that the rhythm section is lost in the mix, but the composition itself is very cool. Not entirely my style, but for what you're attempting you've got some serious talent, Chris. Get a drummer from this forum or another, like Hunter said, and you'll be in great shape.

- Keith
                        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                          I agree that the rhythm section is lost in the mix, but the composition itself is very cool. Not entirely my style, but for what you're attempting you've got some serious talent, Chris. Get a drummer from this forum or another, like Hunter said, and you'll be in great shape.

- Keith
                          Thanks Keith. You like them heavy bands anyhow like Sunn and Tool

Originally posted by mudpuppy View Post
                          Try listening to more Who. Keith Moon was one of the best.
                          Yep, the Who rocks, but as a guitar player, I'm always used to listening to Pete...haha. He'd probably be a good one to study though given the fact that the Who's stuff was more straightforward than other bands at the time.

Originally posted by fenderbass6 View Post
                          Once again, I love it! You do have an awesome voice dude lol. Love to have you in my band.. I'd even turn the vocals up or the drums down a bit. Just from what I hear..

We also put up a song lastnight. Check er' out if you have time.
                          myspace.com/marionhighh
                          I dig "Our Best Mistake", good job You guys have a good vocalist though, someone who doesn't need auto-tune to sound good!

Here is a midi drum site: http://www.groovemonkee.com/home/
                          Hmmm.... professional MIDI samples, tempting I am a cheap ass though, so maybe I should actually just learn how to play drums that I've purchased

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                          You could put up a request for drums on this forum or another.

I put this song up a while ago, with the text "If you want to make me a drum track, post up and maybe I can help you out with something too."

Thread here

Well, Forum bro "Vetteboy" played drums for it, mixed it all down again, and posted this.

HOLY CRAP!

I was very grateful, and it sounds great.

-Hunter
                          That's pretty cool how it all came together Hunter! I am somewhat of a control freak though, so I'd probably want somebody local to give a hand. Still, it is a pretty cool concept. I know Jeff had his online metal band that did wonders, so it is always a thought

--------------

I've got a song #3 almost ready for unveiling (where I'm pretty happy with the drums), but I think the first two could use some refining all the way around first. Some smoothening out in spots with the vocals, some drums adjustments, maybe some mixing changes (cutting out extra fluff in the drum sounds themselves, bring out the bass more and cutting the guitars, etc, etc.)
                          Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-21-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Haha, yeah. I meant you'd make a great addition. I'll be looking forward to some newer stuff bro!

Keep it up and we'll keep listening.

Dave
                            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/shakemaker

My life:
                            www.myspace.com/marionhighh

Comment

Working...
                            X